I am looking into buying my first practice amp and came across the Harley Benton GA5 valve amp for about £65 which is an absolute bargain, and a valve amp for your first amp can't be a bad thing.

I am in the process of choosing myself a Telecaster guitar and will be playing classic rock and a bit of punky fuzzed up general thrashing around

Can anyone recommend a good OD pedal that would compliment the GA5, I was thinking the Marshall Guvnor 2, or are there better ones out there? Also are there any pedals that you can get a good OD sound from and a Fuzz sound when cranked up or am I just hoping a bit too much
The guvnors a good pedal for classic and heavy rock.. if you was planning on playing metal it wouldnt be the best thing, should be okay for a punk tone too , if you get the treble high on the amp
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Last edited by xander307 at Feb 15, 2009,
How much do you have to spend of a fuzz?

If you want a good fuzz for cheap, look into a Big Muff or a Seymore Duncan Tweak Fuzz.
Metal isn't really my thing so the Guvnor is sounding promising then.

Budget wise I've got about £250 to buy guitar, amp and any pedals, pretty much got the amp sorted, just need to find a half decent budget Tele and then I'l know how much for pedals, but I'm guessing about £30- £40 if I'm going to get the Guvnor too
Last edited by M_J_P at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by M_J_P
Metal isn't really my thing so the Guvnor is sounding promising then.

Budget wise I've got about £250 to buy guitar, amp and any pedals, pretty much got the amp sorted, just need to find a half decent budget Tele and then I'l know how much for pedals, but I'm guessing about £30- £40 if I'm going to get the Guvnor too

Look into Tubescreamers. In my opinion, they are the best OD out there. Definitely try one out, they are amazing.