Hey UG,
I own a Trace Elliott GP7SM 200watt combo amp. (1x15 speaker) I am planning on getting a cabinet to go with it soon. But I have a few questions.

1. If the the cabinet is 8 0hms and rated at over 200 watts, it'll work right?

2. Since I own a 1x15 speaker already, what speaker sizes should I get now? a 2x12, 4x12, 4x10? I play death metal if that helps any.

3. Also, can you recomend me a brand of cabinet and speaker size?

Thanks,
Smoots
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

Trace Elliot GP7SM 200watt bass combo
if you feel you are lacking a lot of punch but have all the low end you want go for a 4x10. if you feel like you almost have enough punch and could use a little low end reinforcement from the second half of your stack go for a 2x12. The way bass cabs are setup a 1x15 and 4x12 setup would be very awkward imo.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Trace Elliot have wired this combo so that the internal speaker is disconnected when you add an extension. Why do you want to do this? The built in speaker is pretty efficient so you won't get any extra volume.

The amp will only produce 100W into 8ohms so use a 4 ohm cab if you want full power or two 8ohm cabs. Its all in the manual and you can download this or they will send you one.
well on the back of my trace elliott there are two "speaker 8 0hm" jacks. The bottom one is pluged into the 1x15 speaker. So why can't have both the 1x15 speaker AND a other cabinet running at the same time?
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

IMO, your only options are: 2x10, 4x10 or another 1x15.

Will you be planning on replacing the combo with a head? If so I'd get an 8Ohm 4x10, or a 2x10, depending on how you prefer it. If your keeping with this combo and want another cabinet then get a 2x10.

Basically, your amp is running 200watts into you 1x15 @ 8ohms. Thus, adding another 8 Ohms speaker will allow it too be running at around 300watts. I'd personally buy a 2x10 8 Ohm cab, with around 300watts RMS. That way you can be sure that your getting the most from your get-up as you can without needing too worry.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/210-blx/67581

This for instance is cheap, and probably what your after. just sit it on top of your amp, plug it into the second jack socket, keeping the over one in and you'll be away....

2x12's and 4x12's are usally standalone cabs. There isn't really any point adding them too a 1x15. The trick with a 2x12 is that they can push the lows like a 1x15 and punch mids like a 2x10/4x10. they are great cab combinations.
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
I'm not going to replace the head. I just want some more speakers that are smaller to cover my highs and mids, also to not sound as "boomy" as I do now.

I'm going to look into a 4x10 8omh cab. Does that sound like a good idea? or should I look for a 2x10?
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

depends how much of a difference in tone you're looking for. if you want just a little more punch the 2x10 will do. otherwise the 4x10 is in order.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
Well, since I play death, I do need more punch and not as much gigantic "boomy" speaker sound. So I guess a 4x10 would do the trick.

Thanks everyone for your help,
Smoots
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

I would've thought that a 210 and a 410 will give the same baisc tonal features when with a 115, but the 410 will be a lot louder, so go with the 410 if you feel you need a lot more volume.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Ok. Volume would be great. So the verdict is a 410.

thanks everyone
smoots
GEAR:

Ibanez GSR205FM

my idea on the tonal difference is that the 4x10 will be louder than the 2x10 thus overriding the 15's tone more. It would seem to add more punch just because it can be heard better over the 15. I'd vote on the 4x10 for your situation as well.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian