So i want to repaint a strat copy I have and I have never done this before. After some research I have come with the following doubts:
1- Is it necessary to remove all the parts of the guitar in order to paint it (and to remove the original paint)?
2-If so how do I remove the tremolo system?

Thanks.
If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure. - George W. Bush
I don't read books, but I have friends who do. - George W. Bush
Great spirits often meet violent opposition with mediocre minds - Albert Einstein
1. yes, unless you want those parts painted too,

2 unscrew the springs on the back of your guitar first, the rest would be obivous.
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
you dont need to sand all of the paint off. Atleast the clear coat though. Just enough so it isnt shiny anymore.
Gear:
G&L Legacy
Fender Champ 600

SKYNYRD!
Quote by virtuosowannabe
So i want to repaint a strat copy I have and I have never done this before. After some research I have come with the following doubts:
1- Is it necessary to remove all the parts of the guitar in order to paint it (and to remove the original paint)?
2-If so how do I remove the tremolo system?

Thanks.
Yes. Remove all of the hardware and the neck. You don't need to sand back to bare wood. Scuff sand with 200 grit, as in, sand off the glossy area so that your primer will adhere properly.

Remove the strings, first. Then remove the back plate for the bridge. Remove the springs, unscrew the piece with the 2 screws which anchor the springs. If you have the vintage style bridge, remove the 6 screws ... if it's the modern 2 pivot post style, remove the bridge.

As far as the electronics and knobs ... pop off the tone and volume knobs. Unscrew the PG. Take pictures or write notes so you'll remember where the wires are connected. De-solder the wires going to the output jack. BTW, the $15 RadioShack soldering kit works well.

Good Luck!

Thanks a lot.
If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure. - George W. Bush
I don't read books, but I have friends who do. - George W. Bush
Great spirits often meet violent opposition with mediocre minds - Albert Einstein