I seem to be having trouble alternate strumming. When I alternate strum, the pick turns itself in my grip to point inward towards the bridge, and then my playing gets screwed up, it evens happens when i do a lot of downstrumming. i would like to know how i can fix this.

I hold the pick between my thumb and index finger at a 90 to 100 degree angle to my thumb.

also the knuckles on my middle and ring fingers tend to hit the strings when i down strum, is this a problem? thank you.
You hand is angled to much and you are probably not gripping the pick correctly. Also what pick are you using?? A thin or thick one?

Grip the pick securely between your index finger and thumb, curving your index finger slightly. Ensure the strumming motion comes from the elbow, moving your forearm kinda like a pendulum. Get used to gripping the pick, don't over tense cause this will cause tension in your arm.

Start slowly dont' just start in on heavy strums that are fast. Start out slow and easy building up speed and intensity.
MY GEAR:

ESP LTD MH-50 W/ TREMOLO
ROLAND CUBE 15X
BOSS DS-2 TURBO DISTORTION
Dunlop Ultrex Jazz III
NEW: Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell
NEW: EHX: Small Clone Chorus Pedal
im using a thin pick. that sounds like what might be wrong. thanks a bunch, i'll try it out.
really, as long as youre holding the pick pretty firmly and you practice strumming alot, you should eventually stop doing these things. this used to happen to me, but i wasnt holding the pick right