It terrible
180 42%
Undecided
66 15%
Other
35 8%
Voters: 430.
Page 1 of 17
My dad owns a lot of guns, and there's nothing like supporting the Second Amendment of the Constitution.

I'm a believer that guns really don't kill people; their irresponsible owners do.

Oh, and to the thread starter, as long as there are different opinions in the world, there will never be peace.
Quote by mattrod
Personally, I think it sets America back a step in acheiving peace

Haha, why?
Strats & Seagulls
Your not talking about the NRA your talking about our second amendment.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
I think they are great. Guns are not bad its bad people using them that gives guns a bad reputation
Im not american, so i dont know what NRA is... i dont really care.

however, my views on guns are extremely anti.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by JewMasatFlex
My dad owns a lot of guns, and there's nothing like supporting the Second Amendment of the Constitution.

I'm a believer that guns really don't kill people; their irresponsible owners do.

Oh, and to the thread starter, as long as there are different opinions in the world, there will never be peace.

How do you prevent irresponsible owners from getting a gun? - Don't sell guns.

Banhammer at the weaponry.

If you're not planning to kill anything what do you want to do with it?
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
i think guns should exist but i SERIOUSLY believe they should be harder to get....example: there are so much more killing in the us compared to all of europe...simply cause its ****ING hard to get a gun in europe
Quote by OlivierF

Most of the irresponsible owners of guns don't buy them legally.
Well, some of what the NRA advocates can get extereme. When you demand the right to own assult weapons that are only really useable for aggressively killing people. Any argument for self defense, sport, or any other valid reason for gun ownership goes out the window.

Gun laws could get a lot tougher in this country without destrying the second ammendment. The NRA wants the laws to be much more lenient and there's really no point in that.
what would forest gump do?
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by UncleCthulhu

That;s not true, most people who irresponsibly use guns, buy perfectly legal guns under legal circumstances (or recieve them as gifts.

Your argument has no evidence to back it up. Someone is much more likely to irresponsibly use a hunting rifle than a sub machine gun lol.
i think you are a dumbass peace is having a bigger gun than your enemy is am a proud member and have over 100 guns so ooo senor fuukkk you
THE KREATOR OF THE ALL METAL AND KERRY KING GROUP PM ME TO JOIN
Proud BLACK 13 Owner
RIP Charles Michael "Chuck" Schuldiner THE FATHER OF DEATH METAL
GOD HATES US ALL-SLAYER
Quote by OlivierF

Banhammer at the weaponry.

If you're not planning to kill anything what do you want to do with it?

Well, have a look at what UncleCthulhu wrote:

Quote by UncleCthulhu

So that takes care of that.

Also, I believe that you should be able to carry a weapon as protection. I don't know about you guys, but if someone breaks into my house, they're getting their heads blown off if they come anywhere close to me.

EDIT:

I'm not saying the average man should be able to own an assault weapon, but I don't see the problems with rifles and handguns.
Last edited by JewMasatFlex at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by JewMasatFlex

Someone clue me in on this, but isn't the Second Amendment supposed to relate to a regulated militia rather than just anybody who wants to own a firearm?

I'm weirdly in favour of the NRA. I'd rather have an organisation that keeps records of gun owners in the US than, well, not have an organisation like that. It's just a shame that it's not possible to have something like that for everyone who owns a gun.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by vamprocker
i think you are a dumbass peace is having a bigger gun than your enemy is am a proud member and have over 100 guns so ooo senor fuukkk you

Did you intentionally type "fuuKkk " ?
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Well, some of what the NRA advocates can get extereme. When you demand the right to own assult weapons that are only really useable for aggressively killing people. Any argument for self defense, sport, or any other valid reason for gun ownership goes out the window.

Gun laws could get a lot tougher in this country without destrying the second ammendment. The NRA wants the laws to be much more lenient and there's really no point in that.

When you demand what the constitution promises, you're doing your job as a citizen. Even if you don't utilize those rights. You don't back the NRA when the Government tries taking away gun rights because you don't own guns. Once these rights start going out the window who will have your back you when you want a fair trial?
Quote by neopowell
Someone clue me in on this, but isn't the Second Amendment supposed to relate to a regulated militia rather than just anybody who wants to own a firearm?

I'm not from the US but that isn't true.
Quote by neopowell
I may be wrong, but I think it gives people the right to bear arms (grammar mistake?) but doesn't give any kind of context.
Quote by Nacho_Novo
I'm not from the US but that isn't true.

I just checked the wording and it's pretty murky, but Gigante is right, this is about the NRA not the Constitution.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by sadistic_monkey
I may be wrong, but I think it gives people the right to bear arms (grammar mistake?) but doesn't give any kind of context.

That's because there doesn't need to be.
Quote by ColdNovembeRain
When you demand what the constitution promises, you're doing your job as a citizen. Even if you don't utilize those rights. You don't back the NRA when the Government tries taking away gun rights because you don't own guns. Once these rights start going out the window who will have your back you when you want a fair trial?

Who said I don't own any firearms? I regularly go shooting with my buddies.

Slippery slope arguments are never valid, so don't even start with one. People know how to draw the line, and some of the concessions that the NRA has wanted over the last two decades have been ridiculous. You can clearly say no to automatic weaponry, for example, and never be in danger of being tricked out of your hunting rifle (even if it's, say, semi-automatic).

Point is, you're wrong simply for the fact that slippery slope arguments are never valid. Don't use them in the future, you sound like an opinion journalist--Don't want to sound like Bill Maher do you?

Quote by Nacho_Novo
That's because there doesn't need to be.

And of course there always needs to be context, anyone who thinks without context isn't thinking at all.

Without context, ou can't use your gun for self defense, because without context it's simple criminal murder.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Feb 15, 2009,
The NRA makes me glad I don't live in America. Ha!
Quote by jackofclubs
Freebird!!!
Quote by neopowell

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

There is a clear distinction between the people and a militia. Someone is going to post the Penn and Teller video soon and that will clear things up.

Anyway, I think the NRA is good. A bunch of people that are informed about their guns is better than some guy who walks out of WalMart with one. Also I pose a question to everyone that is anti gun, if guns cause violence then why hasn't there ever been a malicious shooting at a NRA convention?
Last edited by jackfromcs at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by dullsilver_mike
And of course there always needs to be context, anyone who thinks without context isn't thinking at all.

Without context, ou can't use your gun for self defense, because without context it's simple criminal murder.

There doesn't need to be context in the case of the US of the right of the people to bear arms, that is clear.
Quote by Nacho_Novo
There doesn't need to be context in the case of the US of the right of the people to bear arms, that is clear.

is it?

Quote by jackfromcs
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

There is a clear distinction between the people and a militia. Someone is going to post the Penn and Teller video soon and that will clear things up.

This guy also says there's a clear distinction, but that it doesn't support the NRA's policies.

"People" is ambiguous after it follows "Militia," it needs context--what people are you talking about, just the people in the militia? That sounds a lot like how it was used.

Also context changes--so if "the people" meaning the american public initially meant white men (which it exculsively did) we would have to follow that exact same meaning today if context isn't important. No, the context for "the people" changed and we adapted based on changing context.

The context of gun laws changes, and it can change without the constitution ever coming under attack. I can't scream fire in a crowded movie theater, there's no reason I should be able to buy any firearm that I want.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
That;s not true, most people who irresponsibly use guns, buy perfectly legal guns under legal circumstances (or recieve them as gifts.

Your argument has no evidence to back it up. Someone is much more likely to irresponsibly use a hunting rifle than a sub machine gun lol.

Wow, hypocrit. You say my argument has no evidence to back it up when it has far more than yours?

Most serious crimes commited involving firearms offences involve straw purchases and illegally produced kits with no serial numbers.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
Wow, hypocrit. You say my argument has no evidence to back it up when it has far more than yours?

Most serious crimes commited involving firearms offences involve straw purchases and illegally produced kits with no serial numbers.

it's alright for me to be a hypocrite as long as I make it clear that you're not doing your job in the argument. You started things, it falls on your shoulders to find evidence.

I'm speaking from personal experience. Every gun crime I've read about or become familiar with locally has been committed with a gun that I could easily purchase myself.

And additionally, tougher laws do disuade criminal activity. Few people follow the 60mph speed limit, they are criminals that drive at 64 on average. If you lower the speed limit to 55, they will become criminals that drive at 59 on average--thus helping fix the speeding problem.

Do you drive at the same speed in both speed zones? No. Just because you're a criminal, and if you're speeding you are, it doesn't mean the law doesn't affect your behavior and decisions.
Quote by MightyAl

Plus, guns don't kill people, rappers do. I seen it on a documentary on BBC2.

Fuck, I was going to try and post something intelligent but you distracted me with lulz. Win, sir, win.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

The second amendment was neither murky nor ambiguous. The NRA routinely distributes literature documenting other laws and policy statements from the founding fathers. Modern trial lawyers and propaganda writers have highlighted the "militia" line knowing full well that their best hope is to confuse the voter on language/vernacular from two centuries ago. I'm registered Democratic, but their habit of deliberate misrepresentation annoys and embarasses me. Just because the other side does it, doesn't mean its okay for mine.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

My brother is a member, so they always send me **** in the mail... I don't really like having their magazine in my mailbox all the time. It's not as bad as college advertisements though.
Saint Louis Blues
I'll think whatever you want me to, just get that gun out of my face.
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
"the Christians love their guns, their church and NRA" - NOFX
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land