I'm looking to upgrade my amp setup. I have a gt-10 and a PRS Paul Allender SE guitar. I'm basically looking for an amp with a very warm, smooth clean sound, and an articulate lead channel. I was also thinkin about a couple pedals for the clean or for like a boosted sound. I have a wah and a boss BD-2 OD. Also, my budget is around a grand. It seems like the Carvin legacy fits the bill.

Any suggestions? Combo or 412 and head?

Also, I know the legacy 2 just came out, so saving a little more may be an option.

EDIT: I need it to be able to fit into a blues scenario, from low gain to Gary Moore style HIgh Gain
Last edited by skimtildeath32 at Feb 15, 2009,
If you like to play like Steve Vai.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
If you like Gary Moore, you'll probably like the voicing of the Legacy. The cleans on the Legacy are amazing and the lead channel is definitely smooth and articulate. You might find that you like the sound more if you boost the lead channel for really smooth leads.
Quote by Vlasco
If you like Gary Moore, you'll probably like the voicing of the Legacy. The cleans on the Legacy are amazing and the lead channel is definitely smooth and articulate. You might find that you like the sound more if you boost the lead channel for really smooth leads.

Yea that's kinda what I was thinking. Couple questions: 1. Carvin is a factory direct seller. Can I find their amps in stores like Guitar Center? 2. Would you recommend to sell my GT-10, so I can afford a Legacy 2 and just buy a chours and delay (cause thats all I really use, snice I have Wah already.)?
Quote by skimtildeath32
Yea that's kinda what I was thinking. Couple questions: 1. Carvin is a factory direct seller. Can I find their amps in stores like Guitar Center? 2. Would you recommend to sell my GT-10, so I can afford a Legacy 2 and just buy a chours and delay (cause thats all I really use, snice I have Wah already.)?

I dunno about the Legacy 2s but as far as buying them from GC, i don't think it'll happen unless by some insane chance someone sells it to them used.