Okay so i've never used an effect on my amp before, i have a wah wah pedal that i used on my old cube years ago, but anyway...

i have the Randall Rg75 g3+ now, which i love alot, but that's not the point, the point is that i have never run a effect trought it before, and i would like to know how to do it!!

There is a effect loop behind the amp, there is a input that says "Send" and one that says "Return". And as curious as i am i decided to try my old wah wah pedal again and i put the 1 cable in the Send thing, and the other in the Return thing. But Nothing happened. Im wondering if there's something wrong with 1 of the cables, or if im completely stupid.

Anyone here able to clear up my mind about Effect loops and what went wrong with my failed effect loop ?

Thanks guys.
...What!?
wah's usually don't go in the loop... but it should be:

guitar --- amp input
wah input --- effect send --- wah output --- effect return
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
wah's usually don't go in the loop... but it should be:

guitar --- amp input
wah input --- effect send --- wah output --- effect return

keep the wah in front, but if you want to experiment follow the diagram above.
Hmm.. I've tried it but there's no sound coming out of the amp, kinda like if everything has been set to volume 0. Could it possibly be one of the cables?
...What!?
Quote by Ergin
Hmm.. I've tried it but there's no sound coming out of the amp, kinda like if everything has been set to volume 0. Could it possibly be one of the cables?

try using the same cables without the loop. and see if there's a volume knob on the back for the effects loop or something.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by UnsignedRecords
try using the same cables without the loop. and see if there's a volume knob on the back for the effects loop or something.

yeah when i used my effects loop for the first time i had the mix knob turned all the way down so the signal failed. i was caught off guard and thought that i had blown my amp, but really it was no biggie.
Theres 2 knobs for the loop on that amp. Send and return vol. If turned down no signal. Also the footswitch says it has a reverb/effects button. Probably have to hit that for the loop to work. Way better off with the wah in front of the amp. The loop is better for things like chorus, flanger, delay.
Did you even put the cables in the correct order?

FX Send -> Wah input -> Wah out -> FX Return
Epiphone G-400
GFS Crunchy PAF - Bridge

DigiTech Bad Monkey
iSP Decimator

New Amp Fund: Depleted
Yeah it was the correct order, thanks for the info everyone, i think i might be able to solve this now

And PS: I'm not really going to use the wah that much, it's only to see how the effects loops worked, since i've been kinda interesting lately in buying Delay, flanger etc.. Thanks again.
...What!?
Last edited by Ergin at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by Tackleberry
Theres 2 knobs for the loop on that amp. Send and return vol. If turned down no signal. Also the footswitch says it has a reverb/effects button. Probably have to hit that for the loop to work. Way better off with the wah in front of the amp. The loop is better for things like chorus, flanger, delay.

aaaaahhhh, i didn't activate the effect button, and neither did i turn on the volume knobs. Thanks.

sorry for double post.
...What!?