I've got a very low budget and i don't want a stratocaster (my ibanez is a strat ripoff). I want 22 frets at least, but I'd rather it be 24. I play basically everything, Iron Maiden, Ac/dc, blues music, modern rock (linkin park and stuff), Punk, Country, alternative rock, etc etc. I can't go over my budget, I just don't have the money. I've looked into getting an epiphone g-400, but I'm not sure what i should get.
My gear:

Memphis les paul (fixin it up as we speak!)
Schecter C1 plus
Ibanez RX 240 (been sold)
Peavey envoy 110 (Pretty dang good!)
Some washburn acoustic...
Quote by Quam Celerrime
epiphone les paul?

EVeryone around me plays les pauls, I really wanted something different. But if there is nothing better I may have to.
My gear:

Schecter C1 plus
Schecter sunset deluxe. $350 at most places $250 at musicians friend.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Sunset-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=520106

REALY NICE guitar. 24 frets, floyd rose, 2 hot humbuckers. for 250 you CAN NOT go wrong!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Dean: Dave Mustaine Signature V.

Its 24 frets, fast neck. I love mine. $300 bucks if you dont get an album cover finish.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Someone told me Bach sounded like crap.

Quote by Minkaro
What a dick, right? Skid Row are awesome
Quote by f22master

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-Guitar-Research-Sunset-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar?sku=520106

REALY NICE guitar. 24 frets, floyd rose, 2 hot humbuckers. for 250 you CAN NOT go wrong!

DO NOT GET THIS ONE!
It has a licensed FR which means soft metal and bad tuning problems. It's not a deal. The metal of that floyd is really soft and won't work good. don't buy it.
If you can strecht your budget, this one: http://www.birdlandmusic.net/product.php?productid=2665&src=froogle

It plays like a dream.. And you dont see it very often, dont know why, cause it's a amazing guitar
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Just want to add in, I play a lot of rise against and ac/dc, just to let you know, those are the two styles i play most. I do play everything, but classic metal and punk the most.
My gear:

Schecter C1 plus
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kramer-Striker-Custom-FR424CM-Electric-Guitar?sku=515347

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=515347X

Upgrade model, with a flame maple top. Second link is a scratch n dent for reduced price.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kramer-Striker-FR422SM-Electric-Guitar?sku=515339

Basic version, solid color finish

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Kramer-Striker-Custom-S424CR-Electric-Guitar?sku=515348

That version doesn't have a tremolo, if you don't want to bother with that.

I can vouch for the tremolos on these things, mine works very well. Also, I'm pretty sure that the Schaller FR is a drop-in replacement, so when you get enough money you can do that. I figured that the basic model with the schaller and a new pickup works out to about $535 shipped, and you basically have an OFR guitar for a great price.

gearsEDIT: I'm pretty sure both models have coil tap, but I know for a fact that the custom does. If you don't mind a little wear, the scratch n dent should be your best bet.

Also the neck is amazing.
Carvin Tele (11/21/11 )
Epi Sheraton II
Agile AL3100
Fender MIM Strat
Squier Vintage Modified Tele
Epiphone something or other acoustic

Last.FM
Last edited by deadgearsrising at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by sglover34479
DO NOT GET THIS ONE!
It has a licensed FR which means soft metal and bad tuning problems. It's not a deal. The metal of that floyd is really soft and won't work good. don't buy it.

youre a retard.

i know my floyds and this is a nice one. now its not as good as an OFR but it is good quality. it will last for atleast 2years prolly more like 4 or 5 if you take good care of it. it is the same LFR that ESP/LTD, Schecter, Jackson(only on some), and Dean use. they sell them here. they will not **** out on you in a month. i have used them alot and they hold tune nicely. this IS a great deal.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by f22master
youre a retard.

i know my floyds and this is a nice one. now its not as good as an OFR but it is good quality. it will last for atleast 2years prolly more like 4 or 5 if you take good care of it. it is the same LFR that ESP/LTD, Schecter, Jackson(only on some), and Dean use. they sell them here. they will not **** out on you in a month. i have used them alot and they hold tune nicely. this IS a great deal.

I'm speaking from experience. Licensed floyds are made of soft metal and if you really use them then they will be crappy. They don't stay in tune well and they will break your strings because the string will wear grooves in the metal and break. Also, because of the soft metal, the screws will eventually break. I never said a month but it could. Depend son how much you use it.
There have been some good suggestion, but I will also say the the Ibanez S470 might also be worth a look.

I always recommend just walking into a guitar shop and try things out.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
How is the esp LTD MH-103? http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH103-Quilted-Maple-Electric-Guitar?sku=514872 It looks like a nice guitar, and one of my friends also recommended getting an esp, because he uses it, and it really is amazing.
My gear:

Schecter C1 plus
ESPs in general are nice guitars and pretty good deals.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by f22master

What an ugly headstock/boring body on it though.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc
I didnt have anything planned out, and I didn't know **** about improvising, so it was like "OH SHI- SOLO TIME" so I kerry-kinged it.
Schecter Gryphon? I have one. I like it, I wrote a review on musiciansfriend under the name Jake. I've suggested this guitar to many people. The link is right here. The pickups are good, I haven't replaced mine yet and I've had it for three or four years, I forget. The Gryphon is a beast, it won't die. My guitars have a variety of scratches and cosmetic "errors" on my behalf, and it plays great. The wiring came loose a couple times, but just re-solder them. Just buy it.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.
An Epiphone SG G-400 would be good if you want to stay under $400, but if you want something better, push the limit to $500 and get an Epiphone Les Paul Standard.

Dammit Epiphone, why can't you make a high-end SG that looks and sounds like a Gibson?
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I've been hearing very good reports of the Epi G400 Goth which is a very nice price indeed.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

or you could do the intelligent thing and get a better guitar by buying used, I got an $850 guitar for $400 because I bought used.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by sglover34479
I'm speaking from experience. Licensed floyds are made of soft metal and if you really use them then they will be crappy. They don't stay in tune well and they will break your strings because the string will wear grooves in the metal and break. Also, because of the soft metal, the screws will eventually break. I never said a month but it could. Depend son how much you use it.

Do you actually understand the concept of licensing?
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)