So, ive been playing for around 4 months now, And i can play the E and A shaped barre chords normal chords and power chords fine. So what other strumming sounds do i need to learn?
I'm also struggling with a shaped barre chords, seems theres not enough space for three fingers on the smaller, higher frets.
Learn the theory behind the chords, then make some interesting ones of your own. And learn chord changes. And if you can play an A barre chord, you should be able to play the others.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Ahh, so i can make my own barre chords? experiment with sounds and stuff, cheers mate. Thats encouraging.
And yeah, ive been working on chords changes, my tactics to perfect it our changing from barre chords to first position chords to power chords in the same piece of music.
This a good plan?
Technically, any chord is a barre chord as long as 1 finger is barring down 2 or more frets. A good song to practice for barre chord changes would be "Under The Bridge" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. As for 'making up' your own barre chords, if you just take the A shape one you learned and move it around the fretboard, it's still a bar chord. If you move it 2 frets higher, you have a B barre. 2 frets lower? G barre. 1 string higher? Dmin barre.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.