Page 1 of 2
Im looking to spend between 700-1100, should i get an esp? which one if yes, and if no tell me what i should get
Short answer: No.

I recommend walking into a guitar shop and playing all brands and models.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Last edited by Simsimius at Feb 15, 2009,
700-1100 what? Chunks of corn?

What genres do you play? What amp do you have? Any particular features you're looking for?
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
its all a matter of opinion, my opinion is i dont like them but yours might be diffrent. its all about what you like.
Quote by ddark
Im looking to spend between 700-1100, should i get an esp? which one if yes, and if no tell me what i should get

I've got an LTD MH-400 for about 3 years now, gotta say I'm really happy with it. However I can really recommend you to just go to a guitar store, try a bunch of guitars and go with the one that just feels right... it's what i did and i ended up with the LTD :P
well, exactly 10 minutes ago, I was at a friend's house and played the first ESP in my life. It wasn't one of the higher end ones, and I had to play with no amp. All i can say is, the neck was pretty good/comfortable
yes
M1000
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
No guitar is the best. It all depends to you what feels and sounds good if you find a guitar that you enjoy playing (any brand) it will be considered to you as the best or one of the best.
No, ESPs are not "the best". Not in my opinion atleast. Keep in mind that even though your favourite artist uses a guitar and your friends claim that some brand is the best, it is totally up to you what guitar is "the best".
IMO, you should try a Ibanez Prestige instead.
i have one and i love it, they are probably the best for metal
lol makes me laugh how alot of the people so far that have said esp FTW!!!!!!.... are metallica fans.....anyone else make the link?......well any way, yeah go around shops, try out different guitars, different makes, ya know, you might find something, and you'll be like HOLY ****! and then you'll buy it!
I really don't like ESP guitars, but that's what makes variety so nice.
nope... I love them but I have absolutely no preference among brands... as long as it feels good and comfortable to play and sounds great, then that's my favorite guitar...
ESPs are good, but there are also other brands you can try that you might like better. Personally, I'd take ESP or an Ibanez, but it's all in your own preference. Go to a decent shop and try out some of the guitars to see what you like and what feels best. Never, EVER go on someone else's word until you've tried it for yourself. They probably have different tastes in guitar features than you. It's ultimately your own choice to decide what fits you best.
When it really comes down to it, there really isn't a 'best' guitar company. They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

Your best bet is to try out as many guitars as you can that are within your budget and make an assessment that way.

For what it's worth though, ESP/LTD guitars are pretty quality for what you will pay.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
As far as metal guitars go....

It's basically Jackson and ESP. I prefer Jackson, some prefer Esp. Both brands are really fast playing and well built.

BC Rich's upper end guitars are cool, and I guess Schecter builds some decent metal guitars.

PRS, Fender, and Gibson are kind of a different group you could say. They are good, but they build different guitars.

Jackson, ESP, BCR, etc... they build metal guitars that specialize in 24frets, Floyd Rose (or Kahler), HOT humbuckers, flashy finishes, and super fast necks.

Your PRS, Fender, Gibson stuff is a little more suited for a variety of music, but don't do metal like the other mentioned.

Just go and play some guitars and pick one.
Jackson KE1F
Jackson KE2
Gibson Gothic Explorer
BC Rich Jr V deluxe

Engl Powerball full stack
Framus Cobra
VHT Pittbull CL50
Quote by RJF
As far as metal guitars go....

It's basically Jackson and ESP. I prefer Jackson, some prefer Esp. Both brands are really fast playing and well built.

BC Rich's upper end guitars are cool, and I guess Schecter builds some decent metal guitars.

PRS, Fender, and Gibson are kind of a different group you could say. They are good, but they build different guitars.

Jackson, ESP, BCR, etc... they build metal guitars that specialize in 24frets, Floyd Rose (or Kahler), HOT humbuckers, flashy finishes, and super fast necks.

Your PRS, Fender, Gibson stuff is a little more suited for a variety of music, but don't do metal like the other mentioned.

Just go and play some guitars and pick one.

Don't forget Ibanez, Charvel etc... They're pretty br00talztastic too
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Don't forget Ibanez, Charvel etc... They're pretty br00talztastic too

Dont forget higher end Deans
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Deans suck period. All I will say about that.
Any guitar company can make a good guitar, it may be extremely overpriced, but Dean can make some good guitars.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
Dont forget higher end Deans

Waste of money. Especially the newer ones.

I'm sorry, but I'm not paying 3 grand for a Time Capsule Dean when I can get a real one for a third of that.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
wow no...
it's preference except jacksons. jackson are THE best..

just kidding.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
the higher end ones are nice, but I'm not their biggest fan
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Every Dean that has graced my hands felt, played, and sounded horrible.

Play mine and say the same thing. I dare you.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I prefer to stay out of Canadia ( ) thank you. The mounties tend to try and rape me.

Canadia?
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I prefer to stay out of Canadia ( ) thank you. The mounties tend to try and rape me.

That's how I know you've never been.

The mounties are too stoned to give a damn.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Page 1 of 2