I have a Toshiba laptop with Vista, 2gb RAM and a ATI Radeon X1250 graphics card. I tried playing sims 2 on it and it went completely wrong: the sim's heads were blurred with black lines over them or their bodies were seperate from their hards or they were smudged (don't have any other word to describe it) in a blob of colour across the screen. Anyone know what the problem is?
Try going to Toshiba's website and check for any updates that might be available for the BIOS, video card, sound card, or anything that applies to that laptop.
Is it a legit copy?

If so, try re-installing it. It sounds like your client has fucked up.
Quote by Kyle.E
Is it a legit copy?

If so, try re-installing it. It sounds like your client has fucked up.

It's a torrent. I did re install it, but all the comments on the torrent page said it was good and played well and everything.
Quote by doubtfull
I have a Toshiba laptop with Vista, 2gb RAM and a ATI Radeon X1250 graphics card.
There's your problem.
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by KG6_Steven
Try going to Toshiba's website and check for any updates that might be available for the BIOS, video card, sound card, or anything that applies to that laptop.

This. But try a BIOS update as a last resort, you can REALLY mess thing up with a flubbed BIOS update.
Quote by americablanco
There's your problem.

2 GB RAM shouldn't be a problem for The Sims 2, even on Vista. And if it was, it wouldn't cause glitches like that, just a lower framerate.

Try reinstalling and if that fails, update your drivers like that other guy said.
Quote by Spitz13
**** you, i live in uruguay.
Quote by americablanco
There's your problem.

That shouldn't bee that big of a problem, the Sims 2 isn't a resource intensive game, plus he has a graphcs card.

Check the drivers for your GFX card though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by americablanco
There's your problem.

Well, obviously. Much too many Rams. Get a shepard or something.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.