For my art project at school I am doing an optical art piece. So, for a reference note, I have to look at where optical illusions occurr in nature. My fist thought was camoflage and my teacher suggested a herd of zebras. My problem occurs here, I can't exactly ask my parents to drive my 20 miles to the nearest zoo and then pay to go in and take a picture of a zebra. Our teacher has also told us that we can't use picture from the web, but we can use pictures that other people have taken (i.e. that won't turn up in a google image search).

tl;dr
Do you have any picture of zebras in a herd that you have taken? if so, could you post them in this thread or post a link.

thanks in advance,
Nay. I only have pictures of herds of orangutans.
SAVE THE JAZZ

"Remember, there are two kinds of people in the world:
People who finish things, and"
Just photoshop 2 different photos into 1 and she won't be able to find it on Google. Or take a picture of a group full of black and white people. When she says "this isn't a zebra", you say "that's the illusion!".
use a different search engine lmao.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Quote by GmacD

here you go, took this on my trip to rand mcnally

I've seen that on google images.
still, well done on fitting a simpsons quote in here somewhere.

any picture would be useful, even if it is just two. Basically, two or more zebras.
Last edited by TheSecondRaid at Feb 15, 2009,
Zebras are African equids best known for their distinctive white and black stripes. Their stripes come in different patterns unique to each individual. They are generally social animals and can be seen in small harems to large herds. Zebras are generally 2.3 m (8ft) long, stand 1.25-1.5 m (4-5ft) at the shoulder, and weigh around 300 kg (660 lbs), although some can grow to more than 410 kg (900 lbs). In addition to their stripes, zebras have erect, mohawk-like manes. Unlike their closest relatives, horses and donkeys, zebras have never been truly domesticated.

There are three species of zebra: the Plains Zebra, Grevy's Zebra and the Mountain Zebra. The Plains zebra and the Mountain Zebra belong to the subgenus Hippotigris, but Grevy's zebra is the sole species of subgenus Dolichohippus. The latter resembles an ass while the former two are more horse-like. Nevertheless, DNA and molecular data show that zebras do indeed have monophyletic origins. All three belong to the genus Equus along with other equids. In certain regions of Kenya, Plains zebras and Grevy's zebras coexist.

The unique stripes and behaviors of zebras make these among the most familiar animals to people. They can be found in a variety of habitats, such as grasslands, savannas, woodlands, thorny scrublands, mountains and coastal hills. However, various anthropogenic factors have severely impacted zebra populations, in particular hunting for skins and habitat destruction. Grevy's zebra and the Mountain zebra are endangered. While Plains zebras are much more plentiful, one subspecies, the quagga, went extinct in the late nineteenth century.

The name "zebra" comes from the Old Portuguese word zevra which means "wild ass". The pronunciation is /ˈzɛbrə/ ZEB-rə internationally, or /ˈziːbrə/ ZEE-brə in North America.
When I saw this, I was like so I had to take a pic:
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Quote by GmacD

here you go, took this on my trip to rand mcnally

Did you seen any hamburgers eating people?
Quote by Tire Me.
Raping her in front of other people would be morally wrong.

Quote by Bubbles516
wtf290 uses make bubbles feel like crap
Its super effective!
Quote by TheSecondRaid
I've seen that on google images.

any picture would be useful, even if it is just two. Basically, two or more zebras.

Why don't you take a picture of a "herd" of horses and edit them slighty on paint, they basically are the same animal really.
What if it's an artist's painting?
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
translate zebra into other languages and search then
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by TheSecondRaid
no it has to be a photograph.
What is the zoo closests to you called?
Quote by Grundy0
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by Toast1337
translate zebra into other languages and search then

that actually worked well

keep posting please.

and it's belfast zoo
Why don't you just choose chameleon or mirages ?
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Quote by X-Boy
Why don't you just choose chameleon or mirages ?

he wanted me to do zebras beause optical art generally focuses on black and white colours.
Jeeeesus, just get a plane ticket, go to Africa and take a picture for yourself! Man, some people are laaazy these days
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by Random88
Jeeeesus, just get a plane ticket, go to Africa and take a picture for yourself! Man, some people are laaazy these days

not helping!!!

c'mon pit, this is important!!!
Zoo from where I'm at:

Zoo from where you're at:
Quote by Grundy0
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by americablanco

Zoo from where you're at:

yeah when you asked what was the nearest zoo to me, I realized that I had forgotten to check their website. But when I did check, that was their only picture, and it wasn't the kind of picture I was looking for.

thanks for posting anyway!
I thought this was about fisting, but I was mistaken. *exits*
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
Thanks^^^, thats quite a good picture.

Quote by Froboarder
I thought this was about fisting, but I was mistaken. *exits*

that wasn't helpful, nor was it needed.
Quote by TheSecondRaid
that wasn't helpful, nor was it needed.

*reenters*
It's the pit, suck it up.
On topic, this thread isn't any better than those kids asking for the Pits 'views' just so they can shove it into an essay. Just type in 'optical illusions in nature' in Yahoo search.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
deviantart.com , bound to be pictures there, just ask the user who took it if they'll let you use it.
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Why didn't you do it about giraffes? They are amazing for optical illusions:

PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

Quote by GoDrex
I promise I took this picture myself just now.

Win.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by GoDrex
I promise I took this picture myself just now.

Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by TheSecondRaid
that actually worked well

keep posting please.

and it's belfast zoo

Woo Belfast Zoo! Best zoo near Belfast...come to think of it, are there even any other zoos in the north?
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
When I saw this, I was like so I had to take a pic:

bahaha. for some reason that picture is really funny. i dunno why.
Quote by Allnightmask22
It's like an internet "_____ Name Generator." Close family member + crude name for genitals + compromising sexual scenario + embarrassing or unknown sexual state (IE: Bestiality, incest, necrophilia) = Insult Gold.
Quote by rworsl
Why didn't you do it about giraffes? They are amazing for optical illusions:

I can barely see it.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne