im having some really annoying problems with my strat. i havent been playing long but i know my guitar has really high action, which i dont want. (i want low action) but the problem is even with the high action it has now i still get bad buzzing past the 12th fret so you could imagine how much worse it would be if i lowered the strings. what should i do?

Last edited by SmartyJones at Feb 15, 2009,
Set up and intonate your guitar.

Check if your neck is straight and adjust it if not. If you don't know how to use a truss rod, I suggest you take it to your local guitar tech to get everything done.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
find a druggie pregnant lady and induce a miscarriage with it. You'd be surprised how well Fenders turn out as baseball bats
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
not play a strat?

Why do that when you can fix it and be happy?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
ya know..... buzzing also come from not playing correctly, which could also be the case
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
it looks fine... honestly.... for a strat I think that action is about average
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
im pretty sure the truss rod is fine. ive been looking all over for guides on all the measurments and stuff and its dead on for all the spacing and what not. ill try the inotation though.
Hey you.
Yeah. You.
Try raising your bridge.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Quote by SmartyJones
im pretty sure the truss rod is fine. ive been looking all over for guides on all the measurments and stuff and its dead on for all the spacing and what not. ill try the inotation though.

click the green link in my sig.

measure the neck relief. tell me if you can fit a credit card in the middle gap.

tell me if the bridge is level.

post back here.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the inotation was fine. i put a capo on the first fret and fretted the last fret and a credit card fit perfectly in the space on the 7th fret. (lowest point) what do you mean by bridge being level?
Quote by SuperJoop
Fender strats are are one of the worst guitars out there.

Your an idiot. I can understand saying it's not for you, but I hate brand-bashing almost as much as I hate bashing of specific guitars.

Anyway, TS, take it to a local shop, pay $25, ask for a setup. They'll return it to you after a while in excellent playing condition. Or set it up yourself. Probably just need to adjust the bridge saddles.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
ok ive gotten it so that there is only buzz on the 15th fret on the D string, and thats it. how do i fix one fret buzz?
by a level bridge i meant. not lifted at the back end.

and if there's buzz on one fret and on one string, you need to check for a dent in the string or in the fret.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011