I was looking at the Blackheart Killer Ant because I want the tube sound without the noise complaints in my dorm. I don't really have the money to buy the accompanying cab at this point in time, so I was thinking of using my Fender Frontman 65r. Yeah I know its terrible, thats why I want the Killer Ant.

Will this even work?
Would it sound good?
Would I be better off buying the Blackheart Killer Cab BH110 30W cab?
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
a lot of people are asking how to turn combos into cabs lately. it's easy if the speaker ohm rating of the combo match the head you want to use with it. do you happen to know what the ohm of the speakers in the frontman are ? if you look on the back of the speakers it should say somewhere.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Won't work unless you un-wire the speaker and wire it up to have a jack.

Considering the Ohm's match too.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
It doesn't say it on the amp, but I looked up the specs and it said the frontman is 65w into 8 ohms.

The musicians friend site says the Killer Ant does: Speaker outputs: 16 ohms (1), 8 ohms (1), 4 ohms (1)

So I guess they both do 8 ohms?
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
yup, it'll work. all you have to do is disconnect the speaker(s) from the combo and then solder up some speaker wire to a 1/4" mono jack. buy yourself a speaker cable and then connect the head to the jack you just wired up.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quick question on this...2 8 OHM speakers wired in mono = 16 OHMS of resistance?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
Quick question on this...2 8 OHM speakers wired in mono = 16 OHMS of resistance?

Depends how you wire it.
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Quote by soul_power

You should be thinking in terms of power. 2 8 ohms well give out just as much power as 1 4 ohm
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
If wired in parallel 2 8s will be 4 ohms. In series 16 ohms. Its a tube amp with an OT so either way will work wont give any power advantages like you get with SS amps. But its pretty easy to do. I have a little SS bass amp I built a tube power amp for. It already has a speaker jack so no big deal to swap it from amp to amp.
Last edited by Tackleberry at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by alternitivebass
You should be thinking in terms of power. 2 8 ohms well give out just as much power as 1 4 ohm

Well my head has impedance selection of 4/8/and 16 so I'm just curious what to set it on if I were to wire my combo as a cab. Another question I had is do you actually have to disconnect the speakers or could I just leave them connected and use separate leads to wire them to a jack to use as a cab?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by Tackleberry
If wired in parallel 2 8s will be 4 ohms. In series 16 ohms. Its a tube amp with an OT so either way will work wont give any power advantages like you get with SS amps. But its pretty easy to do. I have a little SS bass amp I built a tube power amp for. It already has a speaker jack so no big deal to swap it from amp to amp.

Would you happen to have a diagram for it, or know where to get one on the web?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm