Hey,I've just bought a new guitar (new to me anway), it's my first customised like buger guitar, push-pull pots, custom wound pickups, all done by this "Dalmedo" guy anyone heard of him? but yeah it needs a new pickup 3 way switch.

Is there anything special pickup switch I need? because of the coil splitting ability and stuff

Is there any diagrams as to how to wire a 3 way switch?

Sorry I haven't done this before, and I thought I'd get my father since he has soldering stuff to do the switch for me

Adam
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
yeah how do I wire the 3 way toggle switch?
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
whats a mini toggle and can I install one in a les paul?
Quote by Bazilisck311
a mini toggle can be used in place of a push/pull pot for coil splitting, or a handful of other things, but that's what i find it most useful for. i'm using one right now as a pickup selector.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Can it be used in place of your normall pickup selector switch, like in the same place? I used to always have the problem of smacking the switch half way through on songs I'd go nuts playing live on
Quote by Bazilisck311
it's a lot smaller then a normal toggle switch, and i mean a lot. since the les paul has that washer that says treble/rhythm or whatever it should be fine though. you can check the pic of my viper on my profile to see how small the switch is.
hmmm might be a pain for using it as a kill switch as well????

are they just as easy to wire?
Quote by Bazilisck311
the one i have in my guitar is an on/on, so it only selects either the neck only or bridge only, there's no middle position like on a 3 way toggle. the wiring is a little different but still easy.

i have two volumes so by turning one all the way down it acts as a killswitch but isn't quite as effective as the button version.
would it fit as well as a normal toggle switch? like snug without like crappy edges and stuff?
Quote by Bazilisck311
the mini one mounts in a 1/4" hole and a normal 3 way toggle mounts in a 1/2" hole. the mini isn't going to be snug at all, you'll have to put some washers under the nut so it doesn't fall through.
put possible to have a good looking finish from the front? without big gaps? maybe I'm a good enough player not to need a mini witch now, my style has changed a bit!
Quote by Bazilisck311
is there anything the size of a mini togle that fits snug to the gap of a les paul?
Quote by Bazilisck311