I'm wondering whether or not I should buy a new amp now, or save for a lot longer.
By the end of this week I will have about £300 to spend.
My dream amp is the Peavey XXX 212 combo, £700, but I have a bad feeling the one left on sale in Southampton has been sold already.

I don't know much about amps but it needs to be a valve amp and more than 30 watts.
I don't mind whether its a half stack or combo, although I will need money for a 212 cab.
It must have 2 channels, clean and distorted although it would prefer 3.
tone, in order of importance:
The tone I'm looking for primarily is demoed perfectly in this clip from deans website
http://www.deanguitars.com/pickups/ccount/click.php?id=8
The next tone i want to achieve is a smooth, hi gain tone for death metal similar to Necrophagist' rhythm tone.

If these are attainable within my budget then could you recommend some amps for me to try, I wouldn't mind buying used although I must be able to try it or I'm not buying .
If not, what price range should i start thinking about buying within?

Thanks for taking the time to read, will update you on sunday after i find out exactly how much money i have earned and whether or not my dream amp is sold.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
never settle.

always get what you want to get, because if you don't you will always be wishing you did in the long run.

that being said, try out every amp possible in your price range. You may find something better than the XXX
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
shame the XXX combo's are discontinued tbh. But if you save another £100 you could get the bugera 333XL combo which is a poor man's XXX.

They have some reliablity issues though. I'm saving for one atm and the XXX is one of my fav amps - It'll just take way to long to save up for it.
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by JLT73
never settle.

always get what you want to get, because if you don't you will always be wishing you did in the long run.

that being said, try out every amp possible in your price range. You may find something better than the XXX

this man speaks the truth!!!
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by JLT73
never settle.

+9001
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
+infinity (Sam)
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
I'm waiting for a chance to try the Bugera, but they've taken the most popular aspects of the amp, and I haven't seen a video where the user has dialled in the tone I got from the XXX, so I think it might not be he same.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost