anyone tried to use theese ?
Wanted to build an LP and saw theese when i was looking for unpainted bodies.
Im sure the pickups are cheap yet what about the neck and body ?
I dont want to endorse the sellers there is more than one so i wont post a link.
Just curoius is all.
All of them use different material I'm sure, so it's hard to tell without knowing the seller/seeing pictures. (to look at the wood)
The pickups will most certainly be cheap though!

To be honest, unless you know what you are doing or you have money to spare for fun, it's not really worth building your own guitar.

Two reasons:
1.) It turns out crappy if you are a noob.
2.) there is virtually no re-sell value if you decide to sell it (especially if you're selling it because you're a noob)

EDIT: Since you are wondering about the quality of the body and neck, why not purchase a neck of a guitar that you know is quality? I see strat necks, tele necks, etc. on the bay all the time. then do the same for the body.
You still "build" it essentially.
Last edited by montyburns at Feb 15, 2009,
i bought a body of an esp knockoff from ebay and it's neat, i got the neck too, it's cool, but i haven't fully tested it out. but when you attach the neck i'd use a clamp to keep it really straight. and get something prerouted for the style of bridge you want.
There's no reason not to post a link here, that will help us give you better feedback about the quality/construction.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
THnx im following montyburns idea and just buy the parts and put it together so i can get teh look i want.
I purchashed an alder knockoff body already painted white and it looks great and got a white pearloid pickguard with dragonfire pickups ( i did reasearch on them first ) with gold so it will be a white pearl with gold acc like i want .
Ill go ahead and spend the money on the neck and tremolo STrat
Quote by VooDooShot
THnx im following montyburns idea and just buy the parts and put it together so i can get teh look i want.
I purchashed an alder knockoff body already painted white and it looks great and got a white pearloid pickguard with dragonfire pickups ( i did reasearch on them first ) with gold so it will be a white pearl with gold acc like i want .
Ill go ahead and spend the money on the neck and tremolo STrat

+1111 Thanks mate this is something that I wanted to hear. Just wasn't convinced if I made the right decision.

Regards
R. Callen