Poll: What would you rather have?
Poll Options
View poll results: What would you rather have?
A utopian society
37 21%
keep the world as it is
91 52%
undecided
22 13%
other
23 13%
Voters: 174.
Page 1 of 2
Would you rather have a utopia in this world, where all job positions are all already decided for you, everyone has their life planned out and no problems in society; or would you rather keep the world the way it is? Some people believe that the world is perfect in its irregulaties. Sort of light an imperfect utopia (oxymoron, I know) that cant really be changed. What do you think?
First one.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
I think I'll just keep it this way. The feeling you get after working hard for something far exceeds the feeling of knowing you don't have to work for it.
I think someone read Brave New World in English class.

I would personally rather keep the world as it is I think....yeah, I think there would be a lot less meaning in life if I knew everything was already planned out and there were no problems in society.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I think someone read Brave New World in English class.

I would personally rather keep the world as it is I think....yeah, I think there would be a lot less meaning in life if I knew everything was already planned out and there were no problems in society.

I agree, a utopia would be good, but then there would be no meaning to life.
There is no such thing as a Utopia, because each person's idea of a perfect society is at the very least slightyl different. So there will never be a "perfect society."
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
I would like to live in MY utopia not in yours
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by alienboy18241
There is no such thing as a Utopia, because each person's idea of a perfect society is at the very least slightyl different. So there will never be a "perfect society."

!!

Shut him up!

*kills alienboy*

One different thinker down, more to go.
Quote by alienboy18241

That is exactly what I think it is. with so many opinions, everybody wants it their way.
Quote by alienboy18241

That's kinda the point of the "everythings already decided". If you have read the book 'Brave New World', they do have a Utopia because everyone does think the exact some way (except the protagonist obviously). So the only way really TO have a Utopia is to do something like "condition" everyone I guess. But I'm sure the government would never do that............WOULD THEY?!?!?!
I have read Brave New World, as well as 1984 and The Giver, and I can hardly say any of those can be described as a Utopia.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
Quote by Magnificoamar
That's kinda the point of the "everythings already decided". If you have read the book 'Brave New World', they do have a Utopia because everyone does think the exact some way (except the protagonist obviously). So the only way really TO have a Utopia is to do something like "condition" everyone I guess. But I'm sure the government would never do that............WOULD THEY?!?!?!

!!!

*sits in corner*
i doubt it would have been chosen for me to be a musician, so obviously i dont want to live in a Utopian society.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by alienboy18241
I have read Brave New World, as well as 1984 and The Giver, and I can hardly say any of those can be described as a Utopia.

1984 was a dystopia, meaning "bad place" whereas Utopia means "No place."

Eutopia is the word for "Good place." Fun fact for the day
Utopia is a silly word, problems can always occur regardless of the way things operate. I think a better world can be achieved but "utopia" or "perfect" is an awful word to use.

Jack my swag
Last edited by gopherthegreat at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by mrwaffles
I think a Utopian society would just be too good to pass up. Do you really wanna let genocide and war continue just because you think life would be more boring if we lived in a Utopian. I'm assuming that the Utopia is world wide.

It can't work, though. What one society sees as perfect another sees as an abomination. That's how you get war and genocide.
There is some order in chaos. It's up to the individual to discern the important from the unimportant, the good from the evil, and so on. Keep it the way it is.
The best thing to do is to keep the world as it is, but with minor changes, such as making me King of Everything.
I'll let you guys have my concubines when I tire of them, so vote for me!
Dystopias ftw.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by mrwaffles
I thought we were ignoring that for the sake of argument.

Oh well then yea, duh. Pointless discussion in that case
there can be no such thing as the utopia you've described as mankind is in itself flawed, so to force perfection on a flaw is to see it fail
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
keep the world as it is dammit!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Toast1337
I would like to live in MY utopia not in yours

this
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Chaos is best form of organization
Quote by The Spoon
I think this man wins the thread.

Quote by ZeGuitarist
We have a winner.
I voted the first one by mystake!
Sh*t...
I preffer to keep the world as it is
Read Brave New World lately?
I think your idea of a utopia is rather dystopian.
If we lived in a utopia, someone would just go F*** this and start some sort of war.

So much for utopia because it will never happen.
Eternity isn't long
If all you so is sleep
And forever is just a little while
If all you do is dream.

All Alone is All we Are
Quote by gopherthegreat
Utopia is a silly word, problems can always occur regardless of the way things operate. I think a better world can be achieved but "utopia" or "perfect" is an awful word to use.

^this.
Page 1 of 2