hey pit,

how many of you have experience using prepaid cell phones?
im looking to get one, but im not sure which one to get. ive been searching the internet to find out which one would be the best, but all i can ever experience is being spoonfed bull****. I was wondering about your experiences with some of the US companies.

here are some of the things that i need/want:
-i dont need a whole lot of minutes, so basically the less the charge per minute the better
-dont care too much if i can text or not
-dont care about 411
-dont care if i cant get service in BFE (bum fukc egypt, for those that dont know).
-free nights and or weekends would be great

thanks for the help pit.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Idk but prepaid cell phones are great for hiring hit men.

Call, then destroy.

Not that I would know......

<.<

>.>
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
Prepaid cell phones have packages litterally on the phone. What you do is go to the mobile web or w/e and select a package. Which your gonna need to get minute cards for they have like 20-50$ worth.
Good thing about prepaid is you dont get a bill in the mail.
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
yes, and im asking which one people recommend.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
I've got a pre-paid Tracfone.

Only thing I like about it is free incoming text messages (but on some of their other models free incoming text messages don't exist).
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Quote by americablanco

Only thing I like about it is free incoming text messages (but on some of their other models free incoming text messages don't exist).

As in, they don't charge you when someone sends a message to you?

I never even considered that they would...
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Quote by americablanco

I used to have a tracfone. Worst phone I've ever used. It charged me for roaming even when I was in the designated local area. I ended up paying 50 cents a minute for local calls. I tried calling their customer support and all they told me was that I must be outside of the call zone. After about two weeks of calling customer service they finally reset my plan and gave me a new number. This fixed the problem for about a week and then it went back to roaming.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i will avoid tracfone then haha
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
i had a pre-paid verizon phone when i was like 15 or 16 and they charge you a certain amount of money a day even if you don't use your phone. so if you bought a $30 card you'd be lucky if it would last you 2 weeks.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
My ex had a T-Mobile prepaied. It worked pretty well. Only thing is it charges you with incoming texts. So even if you dont open them you get charged.
Why don't you guys tell him what your plans are.

So.. You have a prepaid t-mobile that gets the job done.

How? Do you even know, or did your parents ultimately choose this phone?

Like one guy said -- some plans charge you even if you don't use the phone. I'd stay away from those even if the per minute rate is a few cents lower. Especially if you don't plan on using it often.
I had a Tracfone a few years ago. I didn't really like it, since the minutes were really expensive. Also, sometimes loading more minutes on didn't work. I would follow their step-by-step instructions, and yet, no minutes would be added to my phone. When I tried to redo it, it said the card that the minutes came on had already been used... So I basically paid money and got nothing in return.

It had really bad reception too. I don't have experience with other prepaid companies though, so I can't recommend one.
Saint Louis Blues
Last edited by The Picker at Feb 15, 2009,
Right well Virgin Mobile then...sorry
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
I have a prepaid T-mobile and it's good. I think it's 10c a minute with no daily charge. No free texts or nights and weekends but it's cheap. Plus is you don't call a lot, you only have to recharge $100 every year. With Verizon, you gotta pay $30 every two months.
1992 Ibanez S540 sol
1988? Kramer Pacer Mutt
I have an at&t (formally Cingular) pay as you go phone. I've had it for about a year. A thirty bucks prepaid phone card will normally last me a month or so. On top of this you can purchase free texting for $20 that lasts a month no matter what. It's free if you talk to anybody with the same plan which is At&t or Cingular. It also works with Net10.

Only complaint I have is that it's a dollar a day if you use your phone.
You don't need a lot of minutes and you don't care about texting or having service?
Why get a cell phone then?

With that said, I have a prepaid phone with Alltel.
I pay $.75 a day (not including days I don't use it) for unlimited texting and free nights and weekends.
It's great.