Page 1 of 4
I'm not sure if there is a thread like this, but I have found nothing.

What is the hardest song you can play on guitar without problems?

For "without problems" I mean: you must be able to play it fluently, at full speed and without errors so you will be fine if you are asked to play it live.
scrapple from the apple, or some other be bop song. this is a dumb thread btw.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
ummm, prolly Right Side of the Bed by Atreyu

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
You are a bad man...I like you

Quote by gillehy
you sir should be knighted

Quote by Sleaze Disease

It's so true.

I

MUSIC!!!
I cum blood
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

TS, what is the hardest song YOU can play?

Also, I don't know many full songs, I tend only to learn riffs, full songs are just boring imo.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Soul Burn - Meshuggah
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
on a VERY good day, ants of the sky - btbam
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
probably Welcome Home by Coheed...it's not very hard, but the solo can get kinda tricky.
Quote by RU Experienced?
One Note Song by Tenacious D

i wanted to say that
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
All the stuff i learn isnt hard to be honest, so i have no clue.
Its all based within my type of music.
Quote by Rukasu Rindu
There are many songs I know with about the same difficulty, but I think something like All The Clowns by Edguy. Well, not that fluently, but pretty fine. I would play it live if asked.

Yes, I know, I'm not a great player
Quote by Rukasu Rindu

Also, I don't know many full songs, I tend only to learn riffs, full songs are just boring imo.

+1

and this is a dumb thread...
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
errrm... actually i dunno that many full songs i mainly leaRN RIffs and solo's but i dunno errr american idiot or jesus of surburbia (only bin playin a few months leave me alone.)
Quote by imdeth
Centorium you dick
I keep lookin behind me,You're amazing at this

Quote by Aerokizzombie
Dam,Cent, ur repeating man scares the shit out of me, its so true

Quote by CodChick
Omg Cent,Ive been havin nightmares because of u

Quote by MCMXCII
**** you man,I was just going to bed

I'm scary
Quote by SGibson666
WTF is a guitar?

Who said anything about guitar?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
change gears now.... what is the easiest song you know?
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Well, aside from this sounding like a very pretentious thread, song difficulty is a very subjective topic. Difficult how? Time signatures? Speed? Lots of acrobatics? For some people, shredding is easy but keeping time in steady 7/4 isn't, while some people can play in really odd signatures; a-la Meshuggah, but have a hard time soloing. Are you talking about hard rhythm work or soloing? There are too many variables.

Instead I'll give you a couple of songs that I just love to play -

Karnivool - Themata/Fear of the Sky
Killswitch Engage - Self Revolution
In Flames - Drifter
10 Years - All Your Lies
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
change gears now.... what is the easiest song you know?
An Italian song that you probabilly don't know. Basically three chords (A, E, D and then E again) strummed with an acoustic guitar.
black dog led zepp.. and this is a lame thread.
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
I don't focus on other songs, I focus on writing my own.

As pathetic as it sounds, Eruption. Yeah, thats the best I can do. And no, I am not talking about the tapping.

EDIT: In the time I was learning guitar, I was teaching myself how to shred instead of playing other people's shredding. I am still not at complete skill level for shredding, but I would rather make my own fast playing than just copying other people's.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Last edited by tmfiore at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by yeoman125
Paganini's 10th Caprice

/smug mode

Oh yeah...I learned the intro to that. It's in this Troy Stetina book I have...I really should learn the rest.

There aren't really that many "impressive" songs I can play. To me, at least. The most difficult technique I can pull off might be 6 string sweeps. I play them badly though.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
Quote by strat0blaster
Well, aside from this sounding like a very pretentious thread, song difficulty is a very subjective topic. Difficult how? Time signatures? Speed? Lots of acrobatics? For some people, shredding is easy but keeping time in steady 7/4 isn't, while some people can play in really odd signatures; a-la Meshuggah, but have a hard time soloing. Are you talking about hard rhythm work or soloing? There are too many variables.
This thread is not a competition, it's just for curiosity. I know that I'm not a great player and I don't want to look like the best, because I'm not. I can't even do 4-strings sweeps.

And yes, I know, you are right. For "difficult" I mean a song that YOU find difficult. It doesn't matter if you find it difficult for speed, techniques needed, time signatures or other stuffs
Last edited by Poglia at Feb 15, 2009,
"Over the Hills and Far Away" - Nightwish.

I'm a rhythm guitarist though, so it rarely gets difficult for me.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Poglia
This thread is not a competition, it's just for curiosity. I know that I'm not a great player and I don't want to look like the best, because I'm not.

And yes, I know, you are right. For "difficult" I mean a song that YOU find difficult. It doesn't matter if you find it difficult for speed, techniques needed, time signatures or other stuffs

In that case, I'd have to go with the GazettE - Crucify Sorrow. Not because the parts are complex, but becuase he does so much immediate muting and clean stopping at a fast pace that it's hard to clean up that much in such a short time.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
probly..

coldy calculated design - The Faceless
To deny our own impulses, is to deny the very thing that makes us human.
Heretics and Killers by Protest the Hero
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Through the Fire and the Flames!!! I play it just like Herman Ri! I can make pac man sound too!

Joking.

I usually don't learn full songs... but I guess Sweet Child O' Mine.
Bloodmeat by Protest the Hero
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
Page 1 of 4