7,166 IQ
I'm guilty of over-stickying threads.

Quote by EyeNon15
Thats too bad, I was under the impression I was arguing something profound

Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by dannyalcatraz
She was- she showed up to court in costume every day until she was kicked off for other reasons.

Courtrooms have informal dress codes. You're right in that a comfy juror is better than one who isn't.

But wearing disruptive clothing can get you fined and/or landed in a cell for contempt of court. One of my esteemed colleagues inexplicably wore a penis tie to court: it cost him $300 right then and there, and he was order to go and change it a unless he wanted a day in the cooler.

Bottom line: her clothing choice called into question her capacity to act as a juror. What ultimately got her booted were her public declarations that the costume was equivalent to military or police uniforms. Not the content but the interview itself: the jury was under a gag order.*

Not only was she incapable of following unwritten guidelines of court conduct, she couldn't follow explicit judicial instructions.

What kind of Starfleet officer was she, then, really?

Guitars kick ass!

* That she wore the same uniform 9 days in a row may have initiated gagging of another kind...

yep, sure

Quote by necrosis1193
(a) read Dave's post and agreed with most of what he said.

(b) To me, it shows a respect for the power the courts wield. Regardless of how corrupt that particular district or courthouse may be, there's a lot of power in the law, and not showing that power even an insignificant show of respect like wearing a suit, when you're at its mercy as a defendant, or asking for its aid as a plaintiff, doesn't make sense.

(a)

(b) It depends on how you look at it, I guess. That's definitely a valid point... on the other hand you could argue that wearing a suit is actually being disrespectful to the court, because you think you have a better chance of getting off by wearing a suit.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
Danny, the Canabis Rex sounds fantastic in my HRD. The sound isn't much different, but it got rid of all the shrillness at volume, which was my biggest beef with the Hot Rod. I'd highly recommend one for yours if you plan to eventually swap that speaker.

Quote by EyeNon15

BobDetroit
►Motor City ♪
514 IQ
I just sent a custom shop Charvel to the IRS. I hope they enjoy it..
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
you must be doing it wrong.

they sent me a korina V and two grand.

dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
My final comment on Ms. Trekker: went looking for which case it was in which she pulled her stunt. It was the Whitewater trial- about as high-profile as it gets.

Quote by JustRooster
Danny, the Canabis Rex sounds fantastic in my HRD. The sound isn't much different, but it got rid of all the shrillness at volume, which was my biggest beef with the Hot Rod. I'd highly recommend one for yours if you plan to eventually swap that speaker.

Hadn't even considered it. My beloved HRD hasn't seen the other side of 4 but maybe once or twice. I'm playing it in smaller rooms- my bedroom, my den, etc.- and members of my main audience have four feet and fur, so they're not keen on high volumes.*

Which means I've never heard any high-volume shrillness.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

alhaq369
It is very impotent to success a business.
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Apr 15, 2013,
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Quote by gregs1020
Quote by BobDetroit
I just sent a custom shop Charvel to the IRS. I hope they enjoy it..

you must be doing it wrong.

they sent me a korina V and two grand.

I am getting a refund of just over...

....wait for it...

...$52.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

alhaq369
gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
i should have told bob it was obama's fault.

because it probably is.
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
Quote by dannyalcatraz
My final comment on Ms. Trekker: went looking for which case it was in which she pulled her stunt. It was the Whitewater trial- about as high-profile as it gets.

to clarify- i wasn't really defending her, i was more defending the principle that people who act like you're being disrespectful if you don't wear a suit are silly. and dicks.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
I made just enough ($562) last year to enter a new tax bracket. I filed mine back in February. I only got a total of like $127 back. I did a lot of small deployments with the NG across the country and to Germany last year, so a lot of that money won't come back to me.

Quote by EyeNon15

dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Interesting ad...though it seems I now know someone peripherally connected to the Wisconsin cheese & music mafia...

alhaq369
necrosis1193
UG Nerd
8,778 IQ
Good luck with the repair business, keep us updated!

Also restringing tomorrow, finally going to try out the Ernie Ball Cobalts, fingers crossed they're actually better.
Hey you! Yes, you! Buy my music! It's cool and stuff!

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern division champions, 2015: 81-81
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 world champions, 2015: 5-11
2015 Pick 'Em: 155-101
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
Already getting pretty active. I've got 3 bands that want me to come to all their shows and tech for them now. $20 and a free show isn't bad. There were a couple guys with guitars that always played together whom needed setups on their ZR trem guitars. I told them I'd drive to them as long as they covered my gas. Afterwards I was invited to their shows, ended up helping them sound test and set up their extras while they played.

Feelsgoodman.jpg

Quote by EyeNon15

JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
Fixed up a dude's pair of S series Ibanez guitars. Those ZR trems are pretty nifty.

Quote by EyeNon15

H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
What did you fix?
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
Re-soldered his leads on one, did a setup on both.

Quote by EyeNon15

H4T3BR33D3R
Resident Gibson Whore
2,488 IQ
That's cool. What are you charging for that?
Quote by Axelfox
my mom and i went to a furry con and on the second day she said she didn't come and pay money to go see dumb shit.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
The guy books bands, so I charged him $20 for the both since he's going to recommend a few bands to me. Part of my business plan is that nothing ever costs more than $40. I've just been charging $20 for everything.

Quote by EyeNon15

gregs1020
Hi mom!
10,786 IQ
That's a good way to get known and build up a customer base.
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello
3,265 IQ
Quote by JustRooster
The guy books bands, so I charged him $20 for the both since he's going to recommend a few bands to me. Part of my business plan is that nothing ever costs more than $40. I've just been charging $20 for everything.

Now is the time to do some math.

As you start getting regular customers, start tracking how regular they are. If you get enough of them, you may be able to get what legal pros call a "retainer." But to do that, you'll need to see how much they're spending over a given period of time- monthly; every 3 months; every 6 months, etc.

Simply put, you try to sell people on the idea of paying you for work you haven't done yet, offering them a price break of some kind. If done properly, you'll reap the benefits of a regular cash flow, slightly enhanced by the time-value of money.

alhaq369
JustRooster
Internet Bully
7,166 IQ
I keep a record of who I did work for, what I charged, what I did, and if they payed.

Quote by EyeNon15