Page 2 of 27
Quote by Niko12
i was thinking of maybe doing something like the tree of life inlay like on the Vai guitars. but not sure

You could, but they are widely associated with Vai.

Anyway, have fun deciding. Like with any custom guitar it'll probably take ages to make, though.

I'm looking at Blackmachine at the moment and they can take well over a year. Last time I checked (about a year ago) I believe PRS was around 9 months...
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
fixed another! yay me.

i like fenders too much to bother with custom guitars
^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
fixed another! yay me.

i like fenders too much to bother with custom guitars
^

Yay.

Fenders are great, but I have a thing for slightly weird/unique guitars.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
evening guys
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

So, I thought I would grace my presence in here since I totally haven't made my mark.

So, I'm swapping out the bridge pup in my Les Paul for a Duncan Evenly Voiced Harmonics, swapping the frets for Dunlop 6150 vintage jumbos, swapping the tuners for Grover Rotomatic 18:1s, swapping the bridge for Tonepros, swapping the tailpiece to a Tonepro locking tailpiece, swapping the caps for paper in oil caps, and I might get the neck sanded down.

That's right, I'm completely destroying my Les Paul.

I have it wired pretty cool now. The neck pickup tone knob splits the coils when it's set on '0'
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
*First post in EG for years*

...I feel dirty. Thought I'd give your thread a hearty kick in the spammy direction, Jenny
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I'm no regular....but

We've already got one of these in A&C
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by timi_hendrix
*First post in EG for years*

...I feel dirty. Thought I'd give your thread a hearty kick in the spammy direction, Jenny

eww i feel dirty too!

woot!
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Why must SG's go out of tune so much?

I will fix that with locking tuners. All I need is $60.

I want a Tele, specifially in butterscotch blonde/black. Too bad the cheapest one is a Squier, meanwhile the best one is over $1000.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
^ I've always thought Squier teles were pretty decent actually, especially for the price. The MIM and MIA standards, not so much.

Still waiting on the Bareknuckles for my NiteFly to show up. Anyday now...
Quote by T!AN
^ I've always thought Squier teles were pretty decent actually, especially for the price. The MIM and MIA standards, not so much.

Still waiting on the Bareknuckles for my NiteFly to show up. Anyday now...

That sounds like it'd be a great combo.I never thought much of Parker until I sat down with a mahogany body fly at a friends music shop recently.The thing was phenomenal in almost every category.Great neck,smooth and responsive trem,comfortable body,and surprising sustain.The only thing I didn't love was the pups,but that aside it was a godly guitar.What BKP models are you putting in it?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

^ A calibrated set of Nailbombs.

At first I overlooked that particular set because I didn't want super high output pickups, but it's what Nick over at SS.org recommended and after reading his description it looked the perfect fit for the sound I'm after.

Once I figure out what my housing situation will be like in the fall when I transfer to a university, I'm going to start hunting for a new amp to really complete my setup.
Quote by T!AN
^ A calibrated set of Nailbombs.

At first I overlooked that particular set because I didn't want super high output pickups, but it's what Nick over at SS.org recommended and after reading his description it looked the perfect fit for the sound I'm after.

Once I figure out what my housing situation will be like in the fall when I transfer to a university, I'm going to start hunting for a new amp to really complete my setup.

Very nice.I'm set on amps since I got a JSX combo,but my guitar collection still needs a bit of work.I keep trying to save up but then people offer me good deals on amps and I end up broke again.I was going to go for a new guitar but a guy offered to sell me a Framus Cobra head for $1200 the other day so now I have to look into that.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by tmfiore

I want a Tele, specifially in butterscotch blonde/black. Too bad the cheapest one is a Squier, meanwhile the best one is over $1000.

i like squier teles too.

the neck isnt half bad.

i think agile might have a few too. never played one tho.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

So I got a Hellraiser yesterday and it's as perfect as can be, but it's a through bridge which means that unlike my Ibanez, it doesn't have a locking system and goes out of tune when I wreck on it. Is there anyway to prevent this?
Quote by fob12
So I got a Hellraiser yesterday and it's as perfect as can be, but it's a through bridge which means that unlike my Ibanez, it doesn't have a locking system and goes out of tune when I wreck on it. Is there anyway to prevent this?

Maybe it's the way you string it... I'd elaborate but it's almost midnight lol.

For now, the only EG related thing I want is an Agile 7-string. I prefer Ibanez 7s, it's just that Agiles seem much better on "bang for the buck".
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
^ I get that feeling too. Never been a big Ibanez fan to begin with anyways. If I had any sort of use for it, I'd snatch up an Agile Texan.

And I wish the guy jizzing his pants in your avatar would stop looking at me...
I'm in a bit of a situation with my band, can I get some advice?

The other vocalist/one of the other guitarists and I work great together. Similar taste, agreeing views and attitudes, both dedicated, but contrasting-yet-meshing writing and different styles, in a good way that gives a bunch of versatility lead and rhythm-wise.

That's about where the wootness stops though; the drummer is somewhat inattentive and has canceled last-minute all but one time so far and ahs contact to two of the other band members, the other guitarist(Yes, we have three, though that may change) was somewhat sloppy(though I've only met him once, and we were all sloppy at the time since it was 20 degrees in the garage we were playing in), and I haven't even met the keyboardist yet.

Plus on top of all of this I'm considering switching to bass since our bassist dropped out and my brother wants to spend one summer learning to play bass and then join, which is even worse than it sounds since I have ludicrously high standards for bassists(part of why I'm considering switching; I know I can meet sed standards).

So far I see two/three ideas; either things work out, drummer pays more attention, keyboardist can go Manzarek on it and play bass and keyboard on the keyboard, and so on, or I start a second band, bring in the guitarist/vocalist, who's also a drummer, as a drummer/vocalist, convince my band before my current band's keyboardist, who got fired before it broke up, to join my new band idea and hope he can play it like Manzarek, or do that, only no keyboards, I switch to bass, and we have to find a new guitarist.

Frankly I like only the first and most unlikely amongst these, so I'm really unsure on what to do. Advice?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by tmfiore

Umm my SG NEVER goes out of tune unless it has new strings on it. I'll tune it up, leave it in the case for a few weeks while I'm off somewhere else, come back, and it plays perfectly fine. No idea what's wrong with yours. What model is it?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by T!AN
^ I get that feeling too. Never been a big Ibanez fan to begin with anyways. If I had any sort of use for it, I'd snatch up an Agile Texan.

And I wish the guy jizzing his pants in your avatar would stop looking at me...

You lurk SS.org and you don't know who Bulb is?! gtfo
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
You lurk SS.org and you don't know who Bulb is?! gtfo

I know bulb/Misha. I was just trying to create a "wtf" from the mismatch of knowing what was going on in that picture.

Which remingds me, I actually met Casey from Periphery in real life after the Meshuggah show in LA because I was wearing a Periphery shirt. It was really random...
Quote by necrosis1193
I'm in a bit of a situation with my band, can I get some advice?

The other vocalist/one of the other guitarists and I work great together. Similar taste, agreeing views and attitudes, both dedicated, but contrasting-yet-meshing writing and different styles, in a good way that gives a bunch of versatility lead and rhythm-wise.

That's about where the wootness stops though; the drummer is somewhat inattentive and has canceled last-minute all but one time so far and ahs contact to two of the other band members, the other guitarist(Yes, we have three, though that may change) was somewhat sloppy(though I've only met him once, and we were all sloppy at the time since it was 20 degrees in the garage we were playing in), and I haven't even met the keyboardist yet.

Plus on top of all of this I'm considering switching to bass since our bassist dropped out and my brother wants to spend one summer learning to play bass and then join, which is even worse than it sounds since I have ludicrously high standards for bassists(part of why I'm considering switching; I know I can meet sed standards).

So far I see two/three ideas; either things work out, drummer pays more attention, keyboardist can go Manzarek on it and play bass and keyboard on the keyboard, and so on, or I start a second band, bring in the guitarist/vocalist, who's also a drummer, as a drummer/vocalist, convince my band before my current band's keyboardist, who got fired before it broke up, to join my new band idea and hope he can play it like Manzarek, or do that, only no keyboards, I switch to bass, and we have to find a new guitarist.

Frankly I like only the first and most unlikely amongst these, so I'm really unsure on what to do. Advice?

Asking again since I've had questions similarly get lost in the end of a page.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by T!AN
I know bulb/Misha. I was just trying to create a "wtf" from the mismatch of knowing what was going on in that picture.

Which remingds me, I actually met Casey from Periphery in real life after the Meshuggah show in LA because I was wearing a Periphery shirt. It was really random...

Oh, how did that go?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
Oh, how did that go?

Sort of awkward because I had just started to listen Periphery and was unaware of who he was lol. I was still in the mindset that Periphery = Bulb. He was a really cool though and we talked about the "Got Djent?" shirts and how how djent is getting out of control and is going to take over the world pretty soon.
Last edited by T!AN at Feb 16, 2009,
necrosis, you need a new band. find the best guy, steal him and start over.
i'd never switch to bass just to help out a band where half the guys dont show.
i dated enough to know that you cant change someone. if they dont show or call ahead. that's how it'll always be.

morning guys
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
yes there's a gear and accessory forum. this is a thread where guys can chat about guitars and gear. not just ask specific questions.

here, let me help.

afternoon guys hows it going, anyone work with their band this weekend?

Afternoon. No, but i sure did on friday, got entersandman cover sorted, and rehearsed our new song.

EDIT: the drummer and other guitarist in the band hates blues BUT I LOVE IT! THEY HATE BLUES, HOW COULD THEY OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Last edited by TimBFMV at Feb 16, 2009,
I had a great time with a band that's not really mine this weekend.One of the guitarists in my old mans classic rock band got 2 bones in his forearm and his hand broken while he was at work.With him out for a while recovering they called me up to fill in on guitars.So for the last couple of weeks I've been playing the same classic rock songs in these local bars,clubs,and open mic nights.It's fun,don't get me wrong,but it just feels very odd to be on stage while not playing my genre of choice.So this weekend at a gig they asked us to go a little long and instead of playing an encore with the whole band, the guys decided to give me the time to do a solo instrumental thing.I just improved off the top of my head while keeping a bluesy/classical feel to it and the crowd really enjoyed it.I got a lot of compliments after the show and some free drinks so it was a great night.

i want a band, too - or at least people i can jam with, seriously...

but hey, it might work out after i get through my tests

hows everyone?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
just got my rg760 today. it needs the trem setting up properly but has a chunk missing on one of the studs. it's only the top and it's on the neck side but I dunno whether to bother setting the bridge up if I'm just gonna take it to the shop to get new trem posts fitted.

also I need to either get a higher paying job or start showing some restraint when I see guitars I like. 3 in 3 months. screw cancer, ppl need to research cures for GAS
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Seriously, what's the point in this thread?
Most people chat about guitars in the GG&A thread anyway.
^^

im actually pretty good at controlling myself - i just got new bridge/tailpiece stuff and will get new pickups soon, which will be my first purchase since summer 2007 - and im still playing on ONE guitar

^point in this thread: some pretty cool people in EG who don't like to wander off into GG&A...so: they get thread.

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

^Lemon: haha, you need to chill out on buying so many. yeah, i'm crazy. but at least i space it out over years.

and i wouldnt bother setting up a guitar, if i was taking it apart anyway.

all the time. i'll wait until i need new strings or whatever, do it all at once.
but mostly do to laziness.

Pr0g: that's really cool. i wish i had a dad. hope his guitarist feels better soon.

hey hendriko. go thru the local ads. gotta find out where they all hang.

and +1 horlicks, these guys dont hang out there.
you know how fast that thread moves. if twice as many guys posted in there. there, that thread would make even less sense.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 16, 2009,
I really hate being picky. I'm hating the amp that I loved 2 months ago.

Especially in Variac mode, it's just ice-picky and not pleasant.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I really hate being picky. I'm hating the amp that I loved 2 months ago.

Especially in Variac mode, it's just ice-picky and not pleasant.

*Sidles*

<_<

>_>

Vetta
But I caaaaaaaaaaan't buy a Vetta. I would never be able to sell it up here.

Plus, I'm fancying an Orange right now.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
But I caaaaaaaaaaan't buy a Vetta. I would never be able to sell it up here.

Plus, I'm fancying an Orange right now.

Why would you sell a Vetta?

Orange ftl.
Quote by jj1565
hey hendriko. go thru the local ads. gotta find out where they all hang.

well its not really like there's any huge musician-base on the webs here - or any big ads thing where you could advertise for musicians - but one of my friends might get to it eventually....i hope

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by Horlicks
Why would you sell a Vetta?

Orange ftl.

Well let's think about it for a second.

What amps have a sold so far? Hmm...

Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM 800 with Drake Transformers and Vertical Inputs
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 100 with graphic EQ
Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp
Mesa/Boogie .22 cal combo
Modded Marshall JCM 800
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
(soon to be) Mesa/Boogie Stiletto Deuce Stage I

I've sold those amps, what's stopping me from selling a Vetta?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
well I've always wanted a V and there was a hamer vector in this shop that was closing down. it was their last guitar and it was at cost + VAT (or so he said) which worked out to about half price. That was december

then I was given an rg2620 for my birthday. I'd planned on getting a mint rg560 but it went before I could get it. Then I played the 2620 and loved it. that was january

then I was half entertaining the idea of getting a proper 80s superstrat. weird paint job, unusual pickup setup (HSS/HS/slanted H), with a floyd recessed or non recessed, it didn't really matter. and then I spotted an rg760. it wasn't mint but it was the model up from the one I was previously looking at and it was less by quite a bit. that was february (so far...)

I also bought a dimarzio tone zone that I haven't gotten around to putting in. and now I can't decide which one to put it in. the hamer really needs the bridge pickup changing but I don't know how the tone zone will work with the ash body.

I've personally only spent about £600, but still...

my house now has 4 guitars, 2 basses, my amp and my effects. And that's not counting my housemates 4 electrics, his acoustic, his classical and his half stack.

Quote by hendriko
well its not really like there's any huge musician-base on the webs here - or any big ads thing where you could advertise for musicians - but one of my friends might get to it eventually....i hope

have you advertised in guitar shops/rehearsal studios?

I started playing after the rest of my mates had been playing for a while so I never had this problem. although it'd be fun jamming with someone you know nothing about.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Feb 16, 2009,
I thought the Vector was Alder? If it's alder, it might work out fine, but I think your Ibby would like it better.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster