Page 3 of 27
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I thought the Vector was Alder? If it's alder, it might work out fine, but I think your Ibby would like it better.

which one?

the 2620's mahogany and the 760's basswood.

the pickups in the 2620 are ok. not as bad as some people make them out to be. they'll do for now at least. and I haven't tried the rg760 enough to decide whether I like them or not. All I know is that the vector definitely needs a new bridge pickup.

I think I'll put it in, see how it goes. if it doesn't work I can always take it out again.

EDIT: the hamer website says it's alder. the guy mentioned ash when I was talking to him about it and I've read reviews mentioning ash. maybe he's confused and he's talking about an older model.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Feb 16, 2009,
Basswood likey Tonezone very much.

Tonezones in Mahogany isn't too bad. I don't think the Vector was ever made out of ash. The older ones I've played (The Vector and the Standard Flametop) looked to be mahogany. I think the guy was just talking out of his rear.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
lol... another spam thread. I wonder how long it takes for the regulars to go to super snob levels like the other one.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by occub
lol... another spam thread. I wonder how long it takes for the regulars to go to super snob levels like the other one.

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well let's think about it for a second.

What amps have a sold so far? Hmm...

Laney VH100R
Marshall JCM 800 with Drake Transformers and Vertical Inputs
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 100 with graphic EQ
Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp
Mesa/Boogie .22 cal combo
Modded Marshall JCM 800
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
(soon to be) Mesa/Boogie Stiletto Deuce Stage I

I've sold those amps, what's stopping me from selling a Vetta?

Because the Vetta is awesome?
I doubt you could get bored of a Vetta. It could probably model all the amps you've mentioned.
Last edited by Horlicks at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by occub

i love it when i go out of my way, and get slammed.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
i love it when i go out of my way, and get slammed.

To be fair, a one paragraph thread with no real point isn't really ''Going out of your way''.
Quote by Sid McCall
Umm my SG NEVER goes out of tune unless it has new strings on it. I'll tune it up, leave it in the case for a few weeks while I'm off somewhere else, come back, and it plays perfectly fine. No idea what's wrong with yours. What model is it?

I have an Epiphone SG G-400.

It is the best SG I can have until I would be able to afford a Gibson. I played one at Guitar Center, and it was perfectly in tune even when I first picked it up.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by Horlicks
To be fair, a one paragraph thread with no real point isn't really ''Going out of your way''.

you know what it really fukin is.

because i was making a point of inviting regulars via PM, bumping and checking this thread.

i was doing this so the EG guys would have a place to hang out and chat.

i work my ass off in the QnA in EG and in Basics in addition to helping with as many random sets as possible.

so taking the time out of my real life to do this, which includes dealing with guys who cant just take a nice thing. really makes me feel like saying screw it.

but i like the guys in this section.
so if you want to hang out great.
for anyone else, you know what, feel free to take off.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by occub

Other one?

Quote by jj1565

for anyone else, you know what, feel free to take off.

Well put. Just reading the set up thread helped me a lot when I started on this site. Now I have set up about 8 guitars. Some mine, some friends. So for that, thank you Jenny.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
thanks greg.

anyway, glad to see EG guys hanging out together.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by Horlicks
Oh god.

You knew it was coming buddie!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Oh my god, those teef...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
the spam thread for the EG forum lives again?

never thought i'd browse long enough to see another one.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
I like this thread...

For those who don't lurk SS.org this thread strikes an odd balance between comedy and tragedy... or it could just be stupidity.
ah, found it. EDIT: +1 on what jenny's saying up there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by Waterboy799
the spam thread for the EG forum lives again?

never thought i'd browse long enough to see another one.

yeah, it's so weird here right???

yay dave!

going to check the link^
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by T!AN
I like this thread...

For those who don't lurk SS.org this thread strikes an odd balance between comedy and tragedy... or it could just be stupidity.

Is he related to Ed Roman?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by jj1565
yeah, it's so weird here right???

i feel more comfortable in the EG section than the GG&A, so this is great. curse my lack of knowledge of amps and effects *shakes fist*
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by aznrockerdude
Is he related to Ed Roman?

No, I just think he's retarded... so in a way I guess he is.
Huh? I thought Jenny gave up the idea of making this thread? Whatever, i feel a little lost over at GG&A sometimes, so this is a nice thing to have.

Uh...... I think I'm going to sleep now, good night everybody.
Quote by T!AN
No, I just think he's retarded... so in a way I guess he is.

He is not retarded... he is just a terrible scammer (I'm assuming you're talking about the 'luthier').

EDIT: T!AN, watch the end of this video and look for the part where they mention Casey...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEDTVVnKOYM&feature=related
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Feb 16, 2009,
Quote by aznrockerdude
He is not retarded... he is just a terrible scammer (I'm assuming you're talking about the 'luthier').

EDIT: T!AN, watch the end of this video and look for the part where they mention Casey...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEDTVVnKOYM&feature=related

I was kidding about the retarded thing, I know the dudes a scammer. I'm just curious how delusional he is in real life...

And thanks for the video...

PS: A top of the line Devries custom for your viewing/cringing-inducing enjoyment:

Amps>guitars.

I can't believe you started another thread, Jenny, I thought you were joking.

Quote by occub

I'm not a snob.............

I'm an ass.

Difference.
Quote by imgooley

Amps>guitars.

so one thread's not enough for you to spam in?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by T!AN

PS: A top of the line Devries custom for your viewing/cringing-inducing enjoyment:

*DeVries pic*

Can you imagine the feeling you'd get if you ordered that guitar from him, the first time you'd open the case...

That's one poorly built custom.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by imgooley

Amps>guitars.

guitars>Amps. proof?

Ultimate - Amp. com.

yeah, a lot of people thought i was joking.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

^not me
been here since post #1

not that it makes any difference...

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Last edited by hendriko at Feb 17, 2009,
i havea jackson rr5 in ivory,
and a 100watt marshall ss
and an epi lp with sd's
and a line 6 pod 2 running into a homemade cab
and a squire jazz bass,
laney bass amp
and a microphone
and an iphone
and soem speakers,
and a computer
and a 19" widerscreen monitor
and a paper weight that's a sheep
and a dog called mookie
and a cat called simon
and a horse (mum's) called tilly
and a fish called conny
and a cnnon g9 12,1mp digital camera

I'm saving for:
mesa boogie single head,
and an orange 2x12v30 loaded cab or similar
and a jackson usa
or a jackson custom shop (both rr shape)

oh and i'm eating philadelphia garlic and herb, on a sllice of toast
i put the toaster on setting 2
it gives a lightly toasted texture, so it keeps the lovely sponginuss =D
please.psshhht.
i have all that ^and a golfish named goldie. that i won at a fair a year and a half ago.

^^hendriko's da man! HAHA
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by johnsmith175

and soem speakers,

Is this where you tell us if you plug your speakers into your amp you get br00talz distortion?
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Can you imagine the feeling you'd get if you ordered that guitar from him, the first time you'd open the case...

That's one poorly built custom.

Well considering the guy over at ss.org who's going through this debacle actually saw pictures of DeVries "customs" and said how much he liked them, I can't really imagine what would go through his mind...

And while I'm here I'd like to cast my vote to guitar>amps...
again for the EG people:

I just ordered my rockmonkeypickups this afternoon can't wait!

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Quote by Waterboy799
i feel more comfortable in the EG section than the GG&A, so this is great. curse my lack of knowledge of amps and effects *shakes fist*

Im in the same boat as you I need to learn more about amps and effects but I know plenty about electric guitars so it works well for me to be here

EDIT: Wait I count as a regular right?
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Feb 17, 2009,
T!AN, have you decided on a 7-string yet?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
went to the shop today only to be told that they couldn't get the parts in that I needed. so now I'm having to order them off ebay. I wouldn't be that bothered but they've said in the past that they can get anything ibanez related.

and now that it's not in the shop, I decided to give it a quick setup. it's now tuned to Eb with the trem only slightly sunken into the body. I'd get it perfectly level but it's only gonna be a few days till I get the parts and take it apart, and it's better than what it was.

I also managed to spend nearly 2 hours in a few guitar shops and didn't play a thing.

I think I'm reigning in my GAS. although I did want to try out the blackstar ht5 stack because "it's only 400 and I've heard good things".

I think I need professional help. I remember a time when spending 400 on something was a huge thing. I miss times like that
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Does anyone have any info on the actual Gary Kramer guitars, not the Kramer by Gibson.
I'm looking into ordering the Turbulence 36 Fret 7 string, just wanna make sure I'm not jumping off the deep end into a mediocre guitar.

My 7 string classical is due next month. Very excite!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio