Page 4 of 27
I have 2 problems:

1. My other Guitarist in my band, plays both Lead & Rhythm ( Like me ),
And he's just IMPOSSIBLE to play songs / jam with... I don't want to sound too mean.. but what i basically want to tell him is that he's a fricking turdd that needs to shut his trap, and when he plays he plays so incredibly sloppy that my grandma's diarrhoea would be 10x more solid than it.
He thinks playing fast is the right way to go, when he can't even play clean medium-speed.. Help?

2. Okayy, I want to record music.
I have SONAR Home Edition 6. Basically what I want to do, is be able to play to hear me playing AS I'M PLAYING, (As if it's plugged into an amplifier.. not a computer).
Whenever I record I can't hear anything except the sound coming from my guitar itself... By being able to play and hear I can listen to mistakes I make and whatnot.
My setup goes as follows:
- Computer --> 'AudioBuddy' (Basically a lead input) --> Pedal Board (I can take this out, nothing changes) --> Guitar.

Thanks for the help guys
Quote by Chasing Shadows
I have 2 problems:
1. My other Guitarist in my band, plays both Lead & Rhythm ( Like me ),
And he's just IMPOSSIBLE to play songs / jam with... I don't want to sound too mean.. but what i basically want to tell him is that he's a fricking turdd that needs to shut his trap, and when he plays he plays so incredibly sloppy that my grandma's diarrhoea would be 10x more solid than it.
He thinks playing fast is the right way to go, when he can't even play clean medium-speed.. Help?
Thanks for the help guys

Well you have three choices here the way I see it.
1.1 - Leave the band. It's better to be known as a good guitarist in your own right than the best guitarist in a bad band or a band that sounds like one of the guitarists can't play well...
1.2 - Talk to the others in the band, explain the situation and toss his ars out of the band...
1.3 - Something else that is nice and politically correct. There has to be something - but I'm coming up blank as to what. It likely involves "communication and compromise" and I suck at both.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Well you have three choices here the way I see it.
1.1 - Leave the band. It's better to be known as a good guitarist in your own right than the best guitarist in a bad band or a band that sounds like one of the guitarists can't play well...
1.2 - Talk to the others in the band, explain the situation and toss his ars out of the band...
1.3 - Something else that is nice and politically correct. There has to be something - but I'm coming up blank as to what. It likely involves "communication and compromise" and I suck at both.

Hmm... I suck at compromise.. And communication with me.. if i'm annoyed.. tends to involved me blatently glaring at the person i'm pissed at.. ;D

Edits: But thanks a lot for the help, i'll definitely make sure I discuss it with the guys. I don't understand why I'm the only one who can hear this crap though... meh.
Last edited by Chasing Shadows at Feb 17, 2009,
^might be because the others are no guitarists? i mean if you're focused on the guitars tone and playing, you're gonna notice its mistakes the first

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
T!AN, I just made a thread about it... I couldn't resist.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by MESAexplorer
Does anyone have any info on the actual Gary Kramer guitars, not the Kramer by Gibson.
I'm looking into ordering the Turbulence 36 Fret 7 string, just wanna make sure I'm not jumping off the deep end into a mediocre guitar.

My 7 string classical is due next month. Very excite!

I´m wondering the same thing; they look so cool and unique. Plus, they're on sale at the moment.

The main thing holding me back is that my finances are still recovering from my recent trip to the Guitar Amp Keyboard center, also, I'm planning on saving for a Blackmachine

That seven string classical sounds cool; where did you find it?
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
what's wrong with that devries? the pic's pretty dark and i can't see much... the ferrules for where the strings go through the body look a bit wonky, though, from what i can see.

Quote by Lemoninfluence

I think I need professional help. I remember a time when spending 400 on something was a huge thing. I miss times like that

Quote by MESAexplorer
Does anyone have any info on the actual Gary Kramer guitars, not the Kramer by Gibson.
I'm looking into ordering the Turbulence 36 Fret 7 string, just wanna make sure I'm not jumping off the deep end into a mediocre guitar.

My 7 string classical is due next month. Very excite!

that dude who seems to know a lot about kramers has mentioned them before, DMSTsomething or other... actually i have no idea what his user name is, but he does post reasonably frequently in EG. EDIT: did a search, i think he's DSOTM80
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 17, 2009,
^

welcome to spam thread! other is just alcoholics anonymous now

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

^ more like pretentious imbeciles anonymous

Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by Dave_Mc
what's wrong with that devries? the pic's pretty dark and i can't see much... the ferrules for where the strings go through the body look a bit wonky, though, from what i can see.

the pickup routes are huge, the cutouts are uneven and the larger cutout is one the top side so it doesn't even improve fret access, he uses crap hardware and uses cheap necks off ebay and slots a cheap but complex looking fretboard on there. The edges don't look completely straight to me and the centerline is off.

also, apparently the intonation on his necks are questionable as he doesn't seem to understand how scale length works.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
ah i see what you mean now, thanks.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Hey, any tips for learning slide?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Dave_Mc

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=374452387
Dave, if that's not enough to make you suspicious of his 'luthier skills', then maybe you should take a look at this...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Feb 17, 2009,
^ yeah, i've been checking him out, i've seen your other thread, thanks

is it just me or is that trem route way off? and the pickup route's a bit wonky too... o_O
Quote by Dave_Mc

is it just me or is that trem route way off? and the pickup route's a bit wonky too... o_O

Yep, and we're talking about someone who claims to make guitars for Metallica and GNR...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
yeah, i saw that
How he manages to stay in business is beyond me.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
yeah, definitely.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
I´m wondering the same thing; they look so cool and unique. Plus, they're on sale at the moment.

The main thing holding me back is that my finances are still recovering from my recent trip to the Guitar Amp Keyboard center, also, I'm planning on saving for a Blackmachine

That seven string classical sounds cool; where did you find it?

i'm surprised at the love for the Turbulence model, a lot of my friends that I shown it to were like "damn, that looks insane, 36 frets" and "looks different but not bad" instead of "thats fugly".

The SS classical is a Gianinni. Google search em, and find some dealers. The problem with the 7 string that I wanted was that they pretty much special order them because the Brazilian humidity in comparison to VA is quite different, and 7 strings aren't in high demand... going through that music store, I'll have to check my email to remember their name, they don't seem to value speedy customer service.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I think I've seen that pup on the guitar. The Stagg Flying Vs have those I think. So it's at least as good as a Stagg. But then, the Stagg also had exhaust pipes....

By the way, is there an official site? Something that is not myspace?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ yeah, i've been checking him out, i've seen your other thread, thanks

I wouldn't focus as much on the extreme hunk of wood he left out at the block opener adjuster thingies (whats the real name?), but the wiggly cut on the high E side of the trem.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I can't imagine anyone being able to play that when the jack is right next to the volume knob...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
haha, ^ true. that's got to be in the way.

i dont get most of these guys who go custom anyway.
there are so many good guitars out there. nothing suits you? really?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565

I for one, would love to have a guitar that has the exact specs I want... But that's 'cause the options for 7-strings are rather limited; it's even worst for 8s.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
oh wow, Debris has found his way into this discussion aswell hahaha
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by jj1565

It's more of a quality thing for me. Sure a Gibson LP can be nice, but there are a few luthiers I know who make better guitars. And obviously, everything they make is custom ordered.

EDIT: I don't understand some folk's obsession with abalone, flame tops and whatnot though. A guitar for me is a tool, not a some piece of deco heck meck I put on the wall.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Feb 17, 2009,
Quote by tommyt
oh wow, Debris has found his way into this discussion aswell hahaha

You know him?
He is banned from UG and only has a post count of 3.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
You know him?
He is banned from UG and only has a post count of 3.

actually I think he's unbanned now ... he just wont post here after his hissy fit blog (check his profile) ... obviously I can't post any links lol but he's currently engaged in quite a few quarrels on at least 3 other forums.

People have found out he buys surplus jackson necks and several cheap knock off brands from ebay to use on his "custom guitars".

on one forum he bragged that a member owned one of his guitars and thought it was better than a "$5000 esp custom" ... which turned out to be an eclipse, non custom and the guy who owned it actually had problems playing it due to intonation.

Devries response was that the guy couldn't play guitars with an action as low as devries sets it haha
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by TheQuailman
^^What's his username?

devriesguitars I think.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by UnsignedRecords
^ more like pretentious imbeciles anonymous

umm...yeah...

how's everyone?

(yes, i do come to this thread first now! kinda sad, really )

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

^you're following me, aren't you?

sup?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Yes, I am.

I hate GAS.
same here - not the following part, but the GAS part

but im pretty satisfied right now with having my pickups ordered

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

goolz you're so obsessed with gear.

oh and by the way, i took a few shots of my pt fastback for a kid on this page.
i know you likey. Go BUY!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1070420

just ignore the thome (sp) post. he's just an alpha dog type. likes to bite first, rather than discuss.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
nice guitar! have you/has anyone here tried the peavey omniac though? THAT'S a monster of a nice guitar

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame