Lately i have been trying too find a cab that suits me best. I have played everything and am really liking the 2x12 configuration. From my sig you may have noticed, i own a genz-benz 2x12, which i am really liking.

But, do you know what i'd like even better? A Hartke HyDrive 2x12 cab. Now the only problem i have is that they are not in production, nor actually exist, but, harkte do a range of HyDrive 1x12 combos, the speaker is rated a 300watts (Exactly the same as the Genz-Benz).

Why don't Hartke produce these cabs? They already produce the right speakers (A 2x12 rated a 600watts@4Ohms is perfect). Maybe they havn't thought into it.

Too me that cab would be perfect. Would you think writing an e-mail, or a letter too the guy in charge would maybe make them think about it? If only i was a bassist sponsered by them.....

PS, i could always buy 2 1x12 combos and take out the speakers and make a cab............That takes alot of cash which will be mostly watsed
Quote by IndianRockStar
The bass SHOULD cover the bottom end at the very least.

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
201-680-8153

See that number? That's Larry Hartke's cell phone number. Give him a call and see what he says.
Quote by anarkee
201-680-8153

See that number? That's Larry Hartke's cell phone number. Give him a call and see what he says.

Really? I somehow feel this is a joke. Although I know nothing about Hartke. Tis a NJ area code though...
Quote by Azgirio
Yeah, you definitely raped his churches and burned his women.

Quote by LordBishek
Forgive the bluntness, but what in the chucklefucking hell is this?
Its not a joke. Larry does answer his cell phone; usually you will get a set of bass strings out of it. He's a quite cool guy.
It'll cost me alot calling from over in the UK.

Maybe a nice SMS message will do

I have sent an e-mail a few hours ago too the harkte email address. It'd be nice too know what they think. I'll hopefully get a reply.
Quote by IndianRockStar

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
Last edited by pandathe3 at Feb 15, 2009,
If you use skype to call him it'll be much cheaper!

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
You're calling Larry Hartke. Like... how long are you going to talk to the dude?

Or, you can just get a Mesa 212. Ooooh aren't I Mr. Smug? But I can imagine the cost of a Mesa cab in the UK is just stupid.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Fitz!!!!! You'd be right. Its not so much as the price though, its just finding a place that be easy too pick-up, try out and by.

I really like mesa stuff but its too out of reach for me, then again atleast that cab exists......

I sent an e-mail and the nice person from hartke said thanks for supporting us and that they'd take into account what i've said.......

Maybe everyone on UG should write an e-mail explaining how much they'd love a HyDrive 2x12 cab..........

DO IT PEEPS!!
Quote by IndianRockStar

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->
personally the hydrive cabs aren't my thing, but i would just like to see more 2x12s in general. It's amazing how I always see cabs with 10's or a 15 or 18. unless it's a combo you rarely see 12's. They're out there. just not as common. Considering how good of an overall sound they give(mix of 10's and 15's) you'd think there'd be more demand. Us bassists always like to be able to have a single standalone cab that can cover many bases.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by PluckU
Really? I somehow feel this is a joke. Although I know nothing about Hartke. Tis a NJ area code though...

No joke, I called him up a week ago and talked to him for about 10 minutes as I was interested in buying a head and cab from Hartke. He said he'd send me a free pack of bass strings too, as someone said.
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
Quote by thefitz
Or, you can just get a Mesa 212. Ooooh aren't I Mr. Smug? But I can imagine the cost of a Mesa cab in the UK is just stupid.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Bass_Cabs/PowerhouseCABS/PHbass4x12-LG.htm

Myabe even that!!!! That thing is a beast
Quote by IndianRockStar

70's MOD Jazz->
BOSS LMB-3->
Hartke HA3500->
GENZ-BENZ NEOx 2x12->