Alrighty.

So I have a Gibson SG Special Faded and would like to upgrade the tuners. The reason being that they keep going out of tune and one is bent. I would like to put in the tuners without drilling any holes. I've heard that I can put in grover rotomatics without drilling any holes but it would leave an exposed hole on the back (thats fine) would these work? Any other suggestions?

Max.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
i love the grovers on my viper. if you don't want to go for locking ones, i'd suggest grovers.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
i love the grovers on my viper. if you don't want to go for locking ones, i'd suggest grovers.

Do they go in as a drop replacement I'm just asking?
I put a set of the chrome Grovers on my faded Gibson V and the bottom hole for the Gibson Deluxe tuners lined up perfectly for the Grovers. And like you said it left an extra hole above each tuner but they work great.

EDIT: I just added a pic of the back of the headstock to my profile if you want to see it.
Last edited by zakkwyldefan79 at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I put a set of the chrome Grovers on my faded Gibson V and the bottom hole for the Gibson Deluxe tuners lined up perfectly for the Grovers. And like you said it left an extra hole above each tuner but they work great.

EDIT: I just added a pic of the back of the headstock to my profile if you want to see it.

Thanks man shes a beauty. Those are the 18:1 rotomatics right?
sperzels... all they way. They are the best, even if you have to drill holes. It's dead nuts easy and they hold tuning NO MATTER WHAT! I'll never put anything else on my axes