Sorry if this isn't exactly the right forum, but you guys are smart so take a look. I put a Vox VT amp on CL and I was contacted by someone interested in buying it... This is the follow up email he sent me, and it sounds a bit shady to me:

Hello,

Thanks for the prompt response, i would have loved to come check it out but i am presently out of town...If the present condition is ok, i will like to make an instant purchase, so pls do withdraw the advert from Craigslist, i don't mind adding an extra $30 for you to take the advert down from craigslist so that i can be rest assured that am in hand of the item.

I will also like you to know that i will be paying via check, and it will be over night payment due to the distance. Please don't release your good until you get your money. We have them around and one need to be careful of scammers. You don't need to bother yourself with the
shipment, i will take care of that. Once you cash the check and get the money, a shipping company will come to your address to pick up my item. If the condition is okay by you, please let me know so that i'll make arrangement on how you will get it.

Will be expecting your reply.

Regards,
Mr ------------- (edited for privacy)

What are your thoughts?
Scam, don't do it. Tell him he can wait till he's in town, pick it up himself, and pay in cash.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
sounds like one of those "nice electricity guitar bring good fortune to family yours" type people on ebay that are scams...i'm not sure...
Also, if he really wants it shipped then he can pay you by paypal (if you have that) and you can make arrangements to ship it yourself.
Alright thanks guys. You just confirmed my suspicions. I was excited because someone finally showed interest, but it's better to know I probably won't be part of a scam.
Once you cash the check and get the money, a shipping company will come to your address to pick up my item.

He said cash the check first.... can you guys not read?
Smart Real Estate Invenstor
Quote by GuitarSpike

It's a fake check, read up on scams a bit before you accuse us of not being able to read.
Quote by pak1351
The shipping company is going to rob your ass

This. Next thing you know the guy's gunna be asking what time you are at your house, when you are away, social security number, etc.

Major scam.
Haha this actually is sort of funny. The follow up email I sent him telling him I wasn't interested in doing the whole shipping thing states:

Hello

I got your mail. As i said ealier, i will need your informations as it will appear on the check, please give it as follows so that i can send the check to you as soon as possible:

1. Your full name
2. Your address
3. City/Location
4. Zip Code and telephone

Regards

He didn't even sign his name this time -.-
Quote by GuitarSpike

Yes. It's a scam.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com