Anyone know of good PC effects so i can plug my guitar into my PC and have distortion and etc...
I play guitar.
peavey revalver, amplitube, guitar rig 3
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Fretted Synth's FreeAmp and SimulAnalog's Guitar Suite (both free and very good).
i plug my guitar in to my PC but nothing happens i just hear a lot of static
I play guitar.
Quote by TheWho2

You will need an interface of some sort:

WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by TheWho2

How are you plugging it in?
interface? I have a chord plugged into my PC then an adapter at the end of it so it will fit into my guitar.
I play guitar.
Quote by TheWho2
interface? I have a chord plugged into my PC then an adapter at the end of it so it will fit into my guitar.

Where did you plug it into your PC?
its plugged into the right spot cuz it comes out of my speakers but the programs just make noise... buts its plugged into my line in jack in the back of my pc
I play guitar.
Quote by TheWho2
its plugged into the right spot cuz it comes out of my speakers but the programs just make noise... buts its plugged into my line in jack in the back of my pc

1. activate brain
2. reread my previous post
3. profit???
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
1. activate brain
2. reread my previous post
3. profit???

didnt see your post when i refresh the page it skipped yours..
I play guitar.
youll need an interface/soundcard, a guitar rig software (gearbox, pod farm, amplitube, guitar rig, etc...), and studio monitors if you want that type of rig.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Studio monitors are not absolutely necessary. They are great, but not essential like the interface.
i dont use an interface dont bother just use your sound card with a 1/4 to 3.5mm jack convertor on then the same back out to the amp. This sounds fine and saves you a packet. I then use Vst plugins(gets rather comlicated at this point so if your no good with pcs use other software) on a vst host. This was a nightmare to set up the vst host but it all works now. You dont even have to use vst there is a whole range of better software but my pc is to slow to run any of them.

Some cost some are free ive got some on my pc if you want them. Give me your email and il send them to you if you like. I have 3 differant 1s one is vst and the other two dont need anything else to run but your guitar pluged into the sound card on your pc then your amp on the out put:
Guitar into line in(not mic or nothing comes out of amp) >>>> pc >>>> program >>>> output to amp

This is my setup and it should work. If you end up trying this and have any problems comment on my profile and i will try and help you.