Hey it was my bday yesterday and I got a **** load of money and Iv been looking at the bugera 6262 halfstack for awhile and I have a few questions. Would it be difficult to transport it to one of my band members house? Iv seen some good reviews on youtube and it seems perfect for my type of music (metal/hardcore stuff) or should I wait untill the peavey 6505+ combo comes out (or w.e it is)
Thanks
do you have a vehicle capable of fitting a 4x12 in ? if so then by all means go for it, but lugging around a 4x12 can be a bitch. combo amps are the way to be
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Budget??
Where do you live??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by mikeyElite
do you have a vehicle capable of fitting a 4x12 in ? if so then by all means go for it, but lugging around a 4x12 can be a bitch. combo amps are the way to be

Isn't a combo actually heavier than just a 4X12?
Quote by suffersystem

depends which combo and which 4x12 we're talking about. he was talking about a bugera 4x12 and a peavey 6505+ combo which is a 1x12.
Quote by suffersystem

Heads are heavy.
ಠ_ಠ
6262 combo perhaps?
-Gear-
Line 6 Flextone III Plus
Behringer FCB1010 Emulating a FBV Longboard
I could go with the combo but dont half stacks sound better because the cab? and the halfstack is only another $100
Quote by jacksonuser123
Budget is around $800 I live in Ontario Canada

if you dont want to wait go look for a used:
Mesa/Boogie F-30/50
Peavey XXX combo
Mesa/Boogie DC3/5
Peavey JSX combo
Peavey Vypyr Tube combo
Peavey 5150 Combo

but if you wanna wait for the 6505+ combo then wait for it its much better for what you play.......
feel free to add me
they should both sound the same. the stack version will(should) have more low end though.
Quote by jacksonuser123
I could go with the combo but dont half stacks sound better because the cab? and the halfstack is only another $100

no...
if you compare a 6505 2x12 combo with V30's to a 6505 head with a 2x12 cab with V30's and is EQ the same............ what do you think will sound better the combo or the head.......

its both of them.......
feel free to add me
Quote by jacksonuser123

IMHO, I like half stacks as it would give a person the ability to change heads or cabs as they saw fit for whatever musical tastes they change and go with through time. Of course yes they are overkill most times, but I know I'd still like to get a half stack as it would be cool to try ifferent heads as my tastes in music changes.
When is the 6505+ combo coming out? Because I could spend my money on a new guitar then when the amp comes out buy it
Quote by jacksonuser123
When is the 6505+ combo coming out? Because I could spend my money on a new guitar then when the amp comes out buy it

may-june.......
feel free to add me
around the 2nd quarter of this year sometime.
Im thinking on getting the guitar first I wont be giging untill the summer so my ****ty amp will do me over untill then
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
if you dont want to wait go look for a used:
Mesa/Boogie F-30/50
Peavey XXX combo
Mesa/Boogie DC3/5
Peavey JSX combo
Peavey Vypyr Tube combo
Peavey 5150 Combo

but if you wanna wait for the 6505+ combo then wait for it its much better for what you play.......

I want to add:
B-52 AT-100, Mesa Mark III combo, used ENGL Thunder/Screamer 1x12 combo.
Quote by bulletrocks522
I want to add:
B-52 AT-100, Mesa Mark III combo, used ENGL Thunder/Screamer 1x12 combo.

and this........ but the B-52 cant compare to the other amps in your list.......
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
and this........ but the B-52 cant compare to the other amps in your list.......

Youd be suprised. My old B-52 sounds better than my new Mesa Mark III. And with a good, cab it would be even more awesome.
i'd get the 6262 head with a different cabinet
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
i'd get the 6262 head with a different cabinet

Can you recommend a decent cab under $300?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by jacksonuser123
Can you recommend a decent cab under $300?

Framus 2x12 would do the job, but i doubt that you'll find a quality 4x12 for 300$.

You could try it with a Line6 Spider III box... The Quality is poor, but it has atleast halfway decent speaker.

If you can go used, just look for a used Marshall 1960 with g12T-75 or Vintage30's.

Edit: Forget about those Avatarcabs ^ , you might could find one halfwaycheap
Gear:
Ibanez SZ320 -> Höfner Analouge Delay -> MXR GT-OD -> Laney GH50L -> T.C.Electronics GMajor -> Line6 4x12 w/ Celestion G12T-75

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
Last edited by OrangeWalls at Feb 15, 2009,
Id have to find one in Canada since im from Canada, Maybe my local dealer who has a 6262 head has some avatar cabs ill have to check it out
Quote by bulletrocks522
Youd be suprised. My old B-52 sounds better than my new Mesa Mark III. And with a good, cab it would be even more awesome.

im not gonna argue with you because you have more experience with the B-52.....
but if you are happy with it then fine with me
feel free to add me