Hullows,

I'm thinking of buying some pedals. Right now, the only one I have is a Dunlop Wah (which I love).
I play mostly classic rock, blues and some hard rock. NOT metal.
[edit] Right now, I have a Roland Cube Street amp, but I'm going to get a Peavey Classic 30. So use the C30 as the amp choice.
My budget is something like 250$ for two pedals.

So I was thinking of buying an overdrive pedal and a fuzz pedal. I looked through the forum, on youtube, google etc. and I always see the same recommendations. (ex: Ibanez Tubescreamer). I'm sure they're great, but it seems most everyone has the same pedals? However, I don't wanna sound like everybody else, I want a distinct sound
So does anyone have some interesting, different ideas for some good pedals?

Thanks
Last edited by MCRibz at Feb 15, 2009,
Budget an amp???
if you dont answer this after 3 posts i will unleash teh doggeh....
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Okay I just bought the DimeBag from PICKURGEAR.COM its is the ****!!!! GET IT BUY IT YOU WILL LOVE IT!
Boss SD-1 has wonderful overdrive, i'm looking to buy one in a few weeks.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
fuzz?

Fuzz Factory
Big Muff Pi ( NYC version)
Axis Fuzz
Death by Audio Fuzz War

GREAT fuzzes.
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
I just got my hands on a Fulltone OCD from Proguitarshop. If there's a better overdrive out there, I want to see it. I paid less than $150, but I would have spent a lot more for tone like this.

Conversely, it sounds amazing through my Bassman while it basically sucks through my Marshall MG30. So you'd probably need a good-quality tube amp to unleash its potential.
Tobacco Sunburst Fender Strat
(Lollar Dirty Blonde pickups)
Fulltone FatBoost
MI Audio BoostnBuff
Fulltone OCD
This1smyne "Pearl"
Wilson 10Spot II
Red Witch Phaser
Fulltone ChoralFlange
BOSS DD-7+DD-20
Tech21 RVB
'59 Bassman Reissue
time foar the doggeh.......
feel free to add me
oh god! please forgive me...I posted budget and amp...
Just please....NO MORE DOG!....PLEASE!!
For fuzz, try testing a Fulltone. I just got a Fulltone Ultimate Octave from a local shop. After testing a Fender Blender and Fuzz Factory, I chose this because I like the fuzz it puts out, the more user-friendly nature of it, and the extra foot switch for the octave up.

For an OD, if you're bent on not getting a TS9, I'd check out a BBE Green Screamer. I was close to getting it over the TS9dx. Also test out a Digitech Bad Monkey. It's cheaper and you can get a pretty good OD.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Skreddy Lunar Module. Great fuzz pedal.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I would probably go with a Fulltone OCD and an American Big Muff in that situation.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i dont get it, why dont you save more money and actually buy the amp.
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
DIGITECH WHAMMY PEDAL. Sure its' gonna drain you to around 60$ for your other pedal, but when I mess with the thing it is a nice octave, 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th generator as well as a nice different wah sound.

I love the thing, wish I could afford it.
I'm getting the amp. I'm just lazy, so it'll take some time before I go to the store to buy it... Then I have leftover money for some pedals
OD:
TS9, TS808, OCD
Fuzz
Big Muff PI (USA)
Zvex Fuzz Factory

if you want a wah get a Crybaby Q
feel free to add me