Page 1 of 2
I would describe my band by saying if you threw Avenged Sevenfold, Nickelback, and Rise Against in a blender, you would get us.

What kind of Marshall Cabinet + head would be best suited for that kind of sound? (Heavy, but upbeat with lots of solos and such)
none......
Mesa/Boogie Roadster...

Budgetz please????
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
if your looking to not blow your wallet.. go with the marshall MD i think it is the purple stack =D it sounds veryy good
Quote by salbarbz20
if your looking to not blow your wallet.. go with the marshall MD i think it is the purple stack =D it sounds veryy good

No, the purple MG is not a good amp.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by salbarbz20

Get out. Now.

80th best UGer
Quote by salbarbz20

Troll.....
Im calling it now. GTFO
Quote by Knightmare444
I don't really have a strict budget. But maybe around $1500 - $2000 USD.

big list coming up........
USED:
ENGL Special Edition
ENGL Invader
Bogner XTC/Ecstacy
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV
Mesa/Boogie Mark V (when it comes out )
Carvin V3
Carvin Legacy
Diezel VH4
ENGL PowerBall
Soldano SLO
Marshall JCM 800
Mesa/Boogie Stiletto Trident
Peavey 6505+
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by bulletrocks522
Go with a used Mesa Mark IV. Screw Marshalls......

You know, not everyone likes the way Mesas sound, and some like the tone of a Marshall.
It doesn't have to be marshall. But the other guitarist in my band uses Marshall, so I just wanted to keep the trend going. =P

But in all seriousness, He's got a half stack (not sure what model) and it sounds amazing, so I figured I'd try and get my hands on one too.
Quote by Knightmare444
It doesn't have to be marshall. But the other guitarist in my band uses Marshall, so I just wanted to keep the trend going. =P

But in all seriousness, He's got a half stack (not sure what model) and it sounds amazing, so I figured I'd try and get my hands on one too.

I guess if you really like the way it sounds then you could buy one like his.

80th best UGer
I would reccomend a JCM900.

I don't think they make the heads anymore, so you are going to have to buy used.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by al112987
You know, not everyone likes the way Mesas sound, and some like the tone of a Marshall.

Im just giving him my opinion. I am kind of a mesa fanboy though. Soryy....
get a Krank
lulz
i love kranks
*drool*

EDIT: but yeah get a JCM like the guys said ..that's if u're insisting on getting a marshall
"When I tried to play something and screwed up, I'd hear some other note that would come into play. Then I started trying different things to find the beauty in it."
-Dimebag Darrell
Last edited by TTElectro at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by Lefty Guitarist
Just wondering, but does your friends stack have the letters MG on it anywhere?

No. I called him and he said it's a "Vintage 2266 with a 425A from GC".

Personally, I liked the sound of it (for the 10 minutes I used it). But I've only been playing for a few years and haven't experimented on many other amps. Is this one a good one?
Last edited by Knightmare444 at Feb 15, 2009,
That halfstack will not be in your budget.

Not to mention, the Vintage Modern heads are ok, maybe not quite as good as the price would indicate, but they're alright. The Vintage Modern cabs kick some serious ass though.
Last edited by al112987 at Feb 15, 2009,
why would you want to sound like the other guitarist? id rather sound different. if i were you, id look at engls, 6505+'s, used JCM900's, etc...
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
I could definitely afford it, I would just have to wait a few extra weeks to get it =P

I'm 16, I have a job where I make $200 a week, and have two things to spend money on.

1.) Girlfriend
2.) Music
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
why would you want to sound like the other guitarist? id rather sound different. if i were you, id look at engls, 6505+'s, used JCM900's, etc...

I didn't say I wanted to sound like him, I said I liked the sound of his amp.
Either way a new Vintage Modern cabinet cost $1000, a new VM head cost around $1500-$1700 depending on the wattage.

I think for close to $3000, you might some better options.
True. I see that after checking GC's website. It's nothing I'll be getting soon. But I played his yesterday, and I figured I'd ask.
Either way, if you have that kind of money to spend, you might want to look at the JVMs...

I'm not the biggest fan of JVMs in general, I think they're uselessly complicated. You can also look at JCM2000s that are used, they can be found fairly cheap these days.
if you really want a marshall sound look into the heads, and then go witha different speaker company, maybe like avatar for a cab, or just look around a bit and find something that is reasonable becasue marshall stuff is very overpriced usually
Quote by eberg2
if you really want a marshall sound look into the heads, and then go witha different speaker company, maybe like avatar for a cab, or just look around a bit and find something that is reasonable becasue marshall stuff is very overpriced usually

The Marshall VM cab has it's own specially designed Celestion Greenbacks that 1) sound incredible and 2) are not available anywhere else.
There's a new VM 2466 and 425A on ebay for like $1700 USD. I'm gonna go off on a limb and say thats a good price for a normally expensive guitar?
Yeah Marshall cabs are beauty.
I say go for some Splawn + 1960A
███████████████████████████████████
Quote by tona_107
Yeah Marshall cabs are beauty.
I say go for some Splawn + 1960A

Splawn Quickrod + 1960A =
feel free to add me
I should also mention, anything available at GC is preferred, as it is a 10 second walk across the street. (Had some bad experiences with UPS)
Quote by Knightmare444
I should also mention, anything available at GC is preferred, as it is a 10 second walk across the street. (Had some bad experiences with UPS)

I think your GC sells used Amps right???
try all the amps i listed on my 2nd post + the Splawn Quickrod, Marshall JVM, JCM 2000
feel free to add me
Splawn. Straight up.

Get a Nitro

Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
Last edited by Khoifish321 at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by Knightmare444
I could definitely afford it, I would just have to wait a few extra weeks to get it =P

I'm 16, I have a job where I make $200 a week, and have two things to spend money on.

1.) Girlfriend
2.) Music

give me your job. now.
"When I tried to play something and screwed up, I'd hear some other note that would come into play. Then I started trying different things to find the beauty in it."
-Dimebag Darrell
Alright, thanks for the advice.

I'm actually going to GC later with a friend to get some strings. I'll try some out then.

Do the VM/JCM/JVM's have pedals you can get for them to control reverb/effects loop or anything the amp comes with?
splawn ftw.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
You will be disappointed by playing Marshalls. Seriously.

I always wanted a DSL/TSL/JVM, but when I actually palyed them in person, they really aren't what you think they would be.

Here is some material to convince you to get a Splawn Nitro.

Seriously, if you have that much money to spend, you are WAY over the level of a Marshall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFEd342t5Ig
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
Page 1 of 2