I'm going to guitarcenter tommorow and I'm thinking about buying a shure mic the one I found is around 100$ what all do i need to make it work?
Quote by Union Jake
just straight up normal male group jerking session, it was like i was on my own aprt from getting kinda bumped into and the weird noises.
Wait what?

Quote by bodyheatseeker

You earned your name, pal.
A mic cable (XLR) you may want a stand. You do not need anything for power. I am assuming you have something to plug it into..? (interface,mixer,pa)
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
A three-pronged male XLR cable, a stand of some sort, depending on what your using it for, something to plug it in to, like a mixer or interface, and a good set of speakers, maybe some studio monitors or PA speakers if you want to use it live.
I would be using it for recording, would i be able to plug it into my microcube?
Quote by Union Jake
just straight up normal male group jerking session, it was like i was on my own aprt from getting kinda bumped into and the weird noises.
Wait what?

Quote by bodyheatseeker

Oh god, that's going to sound horrible.

You'll need some kind of audio interface to get it into your PC, and even then the Shure is a dynamic mic so it'll sound pretty poor for anything except an overdriven guitar amp. They're really designed more for live use than recording, the only time I'd ever consider use one for recording is for really loud/screamed vocal parts where a condenser couldn't properly handle the SPL.

Do yourself a massive favour and get one of these:

http://www.google.com/products?client=opera&rls=en&q=samson%20co1u&sourceid=opera&oe=utf-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wf

It's a decent, studio-quality condenser mic, and it plugs straight into a USB port to make computer recording much simpler. The last link on that page is the 'podcaster kit' for $89, which comes with mic stand, windshield and Sonar LE software (based on Sonar 6, which is one of the best recording workstations out there). Absolute bargain.
Quote by kyle62
Oh god, that's going to sound horrible.

You'll need some kind of audio interface to get it into your PC, and even then the Shure is a dynamic mic so it'll sound pretty poor for anything except an overdriven guitar amp. They're really designed more for live use than recording, the only time I'd ever consider use one for recording is for really loud/screamed vocal parts where a condenser couldn't properly handle the SPL.

The SM57 is actually a very good all around mic and used in studios daily. It will be best for a guitar cabinet. You can get by doing vocals and acoustic at firs as well although I would suggest a pop filter for vocals. However you will need some kind of audio USB/Firewire interface to plug it into and get it in your computer. These will start at around $120.
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Can I get a link to the interface?
Quote by Union Jake
Wait what?

Quote by bodyheatseeker

It's not the best but it gets the job done....barely.
Quote by Union Jake
Wait what?

Quote by bodyheatseeker