Let's talk about Lieutenant Weirdass himself: none other than George Clinton. This man has released a LOT of albums over the years, not counting solo albums by other members. I have Maggot Brain, Cosmic Slop, Funkadelic, and Funkentelechy Vs. the Placebo Syndrome. Despite being extremely inconsistent, there is some really good stuff on each.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Parliament was better half imo. George Clinton, Bootsy collins and Bernie Worrel are among my favourite funk musicians ever
Nah, I enjoyed Funkadelic more than Parliament, though Parliament still kicks major ass.

Free your mind and your ass will follow!

The Kingdom of Heaven is within!
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread earlier. It's tough to say which was better. I think the arrangements and production of Parliament were better, but Funkadelic definitely rocked much harder and had Eddie Hazel (Parliament did too, but he wasn't as central to the sound as in Funkadelic). But I guess that shouldn't really matter. I think their best viewed as two seperate parts of one funky whole.
Quote by ohhey9040
But I guess that shouldn't really matter. I think their best viewed as two seperate parts of one funky whole.

Exactly.

George Clinton was a genius. He somehow emanates more coolness than anyone I have ever witnessed. He just stands there on stage and doesn't move much and doesn't really sing most of the time, just narrates, but he pulls it all off.

That said I hate every collaboration with a rapper that I have heard him do.
I thought there was a thread in the "other" forum?

I guess it was just a general Funk thread
I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit.
I was heavily into funk when Superbad came out, largely just because of the soundtrack. I downloaded all of the Parliament albums, and have listened to most of them.
I was obsessed with Mothership Connection for the longest time. Clinton was such a pioneer. Plus, we wouldn't have G-Funk if it weren't for P-Funk
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
So, turns out that George Clinton and P-Funk are playing in Charlotte on the 28th, but I'll be 70 miles away in college here in South Carolina.
I was not offended
Or drown in my own shit.
The deffination of funk in my opinion. George Clinton is a mastermind, and they really knew how to get the crowd moving.