Ok, so today is my birthday, and I got $200, so I can finally get this this bass. Now, my party isn't for another week, but the day after, I'm going to GC with my friends to look at stuff (and so I can get the bass). So, I need a multi-effect that isn't crap but isn't too expensive either, and I'd prefer it to work with both guitar and bass, but if it just works for bass, that's fine. I just need a good distortion and wah pretty much, as I'm looking for a Cliff Burton type sound.

tl;dr Need cheap multi-effects for bass (and preferably guitar too).
Last edited by Alex Vik at Feb 15, 2009,
Out of curiosity, why do you exactly wish to get a multifx pedal? Upgrading the amp that comes with that guitar will probably give you better results than a pedal.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Quote by InfiniteRain
Out of curiosity, why do you exactly wish to get a multifx pedal? Upgrading the amp that comes with that guitar will probably give you better results than a pedal.

I will be replacing the amp shortly, I am going to sell it and simply use money I can get from doing odd jobs around the house to get a better amp for about the same price. And besides, upgrading the amp really isn't a choice, besides the fact that I've never seen a bass amp that comes with effects.
Digitech RP series, Boss ME
And on the seventh day, I said "Go to your room!"

check out my jazz tab and ill gladly do a review of any of your stuff

I play the bass clarinet! How 'bout you? PM me!
don't get a multifx, i wasted my money on one, youre better off buying individual effects slowly as you need them, then they'll be high quality
Quote by lozlovesstrats
don't get a multifx, i wasted my money on one, youre better off buying individual effects slowly as you need them, then they'll be high quality

Multi-effects = Quick and easy solution

I don't need a whole pedalboard yet, I just need a quick solution.
Quote by Alex Vik

I don't need a whole pedalboard yet, I just need a quick solution.

why buy a multi effects when you could buy a Vypyr 30 + Sanpera II..........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
why buy a multi effects when you could buy a Vypyr 30 + Sanpera II..........

Because

A: That totally blows my budget (I've got a confirmed $200, which goes towards the bass)

B: That disregards the fact that I don't own a bass yet.
Quote by Alex Vik
Because

A: That totally blows my budget (I've got a confirmed $200, which goes towards the bass)

B: That disregards the fact that I don't own a bass yet.

but
Multi Effects+ Modeling amp = CRAP!!!
Multi Effects + Clean SS or Good Tube = GOOD!!!\

and how much do you have now???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
but
Multi Effects+ Modeling amp = CRAP!!!
Multi Effects + Clean SS or Good Tube = GOOD!!!\

and how much do you have now???

As I said...I will replace the amp soon, and if I don't, I can always plug in through the MP3 in on the amp.

Currently, I have $207. My party for my friends is in six days. I will be inviting 6-10 friends, and the average is $20 from each person, considering they bring only money.

To who said the RP90, does it sound good with bass? Can it handle the bass without clicks and whatnot?
Honestly a value pack like that isn't worth it. As far as a multi fx pedal my RP250 was pretty amazing until 2 weeks. Then it got boring, so I suggest Line 6 stuff or go the stomp box route. Or what I would do is buy a bass, a cable, and use my computer to practice til I got a decent bass amp
Quote by Alex Vik

Multi-effects also = a lot of low quality effects, which 90% of wont ever even be used.

If you're looking for a Cliff Burton type sound you want an Electro-Harmonix Big Muff and a Morley power wah.
Quote by Magik19
1. Honestly a value pack like that isn't worth it.
2. As far as a multi fx pedal my RP250 was pretty amazing until 2 weeks.
3. Then it got boring, so I suggest Line 6 stuff or go the stomp box route.
4. Or what I would do is buy a bass, a cable, and use my computer to practice til I got a decent bass amp

Yeah, but I don't really have the money to save up for something better than that. But it is my first bass...
2. Yeah, my friend has the RP250 I think, but that's just a little too expensive for me.
Well, I was looking into Line 6 PODs and stomp boxes, and the bass POD is only $120 (I could probably get a $20 loan from my dad or however much I need), but they start to get really expensive. I'd probably be fine with a distortion and wah, but a. Wah pedals aren't really cheap and b. I'd probably want to experiment with different tones.
4. Well, that's all fine and dandy, but I don't really think taking my laptop with me to my friend's house for band practice as an amp would be practical, as it's not that loud.

Quote by i_am_metalhead
Multi-effects also = a lot of low quality effects, which 90% of wont ever even be used.

If you're looking for a Cliff Burton type sound you want an Electro-Harmonix Big Muff and a Morley power wah.

True, but I don't need a high quality setup yet. I'm on a very tight budget until I can get a job, as my income consists of my birthday, Christmas, and the occasional odd job currently.

That's all fine and dandy, but I'm not really sure which Big Muff he used, and I don't know where I could get the wah from since they've been discontinued.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Feb 16, 2009,
Tbh there's nothing wrong with getting a multi effect pedal as a starter. it gives you the chanche to test different tones. It's also a cheap solution. i recently bought a digitech rp 50 for my guitar knowing that i'm going to buy seperate effects later but for 40 euro i can test my sound in all the time i want.
Gear

-Schecter Tempest Custom
-Ibanez EW20WNE-NT
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Boss TU-3
-Boss NS-2
-ibanez PM7
Can I suggest you spend your $200 on an 'Ibanez GSR200', Infinitly better Bass than the one you're looking at. Then get an 'Acoustic B10' amp to practice on until you can afford a good bass amp.
Quote by Jaksar
Can I suggest you spend your $200 on an 'Ibanez GSR200', Infinitly better Bass than the one you're looking at. Then get an 'Acoustic B10' amp to practice on until you can afford a good bass amp.

I've actually played th GSR200, it's pretty nice, but is there anything else that price that compares to it? I say that because my friend owns it, but my friend is mainly the guitarist so I can use his bass whenever. Is the Acoustic B10 better than the Peavey MAX158? That's also the amp my friend has, so I already know what the two sound like together.

And I was actually looking at the Dean Z Metalman as far as $200 basses, but I was looking, and the EVO XM looks pretty good as well, but I don't really know how they sound.
sum 1 i no has the line 6 port for pc which seems pretty decent. This is for either bass or guitar so verstile and you can also download new effects from the web. Not very good in live sistuations as you have to drag a laptop or pc around put good for home or recording use. its bassically just a usb box that goes into the pc then an input for the guitar and 2 outputs for amps.

link to product: http://line6.com/guitarport/
Take a look because if i had sum money i would buy 1(oh yer and a better pc)
Quote by Alex Vik
I've actually played th GSR200, it's pretty nice, but is there anything else that price that compares to it? I say that because my friend owns it, but my friend is mainly the guitarist so I can use his bass whenever. Is the Acoustic B10 better than the Peavey MAX158? That's also the amp my friend has, so I already know what the two sound like together.

And I was actually looking at the Dean Z Metalman as far as $200 basses, but I was looking, and the EVO XM looks pretty good as well, but I don't really know how they sound.

TBH I only dabble on the bass for fun, pop into the Bass forum, they'll be best equipped to give you advice and set you on the right path.
Quote by lewisg1
sum 1 i no has the line 6 port for pc which seems pretty decent. This is for either bass or guitar so verstile and you can also download new effects from the web. Not very good in live sistuations as you have to drag a laptop or pc around put good for home or recording use. its bassically just a usb box that goes into the pc then an input for the guitar and 2 outputs for amps.

link to product: http://line6.com/guitarport/
Take a look because if i had sum money i would buy 1(oh yer and a better pc)

Well, if it worked without the computer, I would, but I'll get one sooner or later for recording purposes only. I'm mainly looking for practical live gear at the moment.

Quote by Jaksar
TBH I only dabble on the bass for fun, pop into the Bass forum, they'll be best equipped to give you advice and set you on the right path.

Yeah, I asked over there and they said I should get the Ibanez.
Yer thts y i ant got 1 yet really but i still think there god if suitable. Good idea and great pedal though.
Quote by Jaksar

I'd second that, i own that ibanez gsr200 bass and it is really good. Really nice sustain and the built in bass boost comes in useful. Good for the money.