Play a Les Paul Standard for recording, a little heavy for my liking for playing live though.
I've looked at SG's and the Telecaster '72's, any other suggestions? The genre of music ranges from clean stuff like Jack Johnson, to mid distortion like Academy Is/ Fall Out Boy, to higher gain stuff, Foo Fighters, Nirvana. Thanks guys
i'd say the telecaster would be best for you, but sg's are nice too. stickk with one of those
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?
in addition to all of that, you also win the thread.

Quote by metallica724
>:O littlejoy isnt a creep hes full of win unlike you
I think there is a light weight Les Paul model, it has parts of the body carved out but keeps the same shape and controls, cant remember the name of it though, it is a gibson model i think.
Epiphone LP Standard Honeyburst, Stagg Custom Job
Relic'd Tele, Carlsbro GLX30
Frontman 25R, Zoom G1X
Dunlop SW-95, Danelectro DTB-1
Behringer VT999

Quote by obeythepenguin
Damn, that was fast. AlexW1989, thanks to you I can finally get to sleep again at night...
Quote by AlexW1989
I think there is a light weight Les Paul model, it has parts of the body carved out but keeps the same shape and controls, cant remember the name of it though, it is a gibson model i think.

Most of the newer chambered les pauls?
Epi LP Ultras are contoured and chambered, plus have a piezo bridge for your acoustic stuff. A bit pricey, but they seem perfect.
Do you have a budget?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Strat or a V maybe?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
SG's are great guitars for stage. Try looking at Explorers and Flying V's. The thing about the two latter is that they have ceramic pickups, which aren't that good for cleans. Look into the Epiphone Ultra Les Paul II.
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
PRS SE Tremonti, or, if you aren't like me and too poor to spend more than $700 on a guitar, PRS Singlecut?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
i played a 72 tele in GC a while back, it was excellent

I recommend that, though if you really love the les paul sound they make chambered ones now
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Trying to keep it as cheap as possible...my Les Paul is an Epi but I switched the stock pickups with some Duncans and plugged in next to my friends Gibson it sounds the same, so probably thinking about doing the same thing.
Oh I wouldn't say problems at all. It's an absolutely amazing guitar. But the weight isn't great for live shows, the way it sits isn't very comfortable to me. The stock pickups sound very nice, don't get me wrong, I just wanted a little bit more. Hope that answers your question.
Yes, it does. I am going to get this guitar along with a new amp, a line 6 spider 3. This is the setup I was playing today and played everything from very clean songs to very heavy songs, and found the combination did it all.

Thanks.
Almost got the spider, the vox sounds better i'd have to say though
my stage guitar is a fender jaguar special HH, the japanese make.. I really love it, it's got a trebly twangy sound on the bridge pickup and a soft and mellow sound on the neck one.. you can tweak it any way you want with all the switches on it.. It's a keeper ! =)

maybe you could also look at squier ? I would say that if it's going to be for the stage, you might as well get one that looks and play good but doesn't necessarily sound so great, since you can always change the pickup.. and anyways, the places you'll play at are going to alter your sound, and your crowd won't notice that much the difference between a modded cheap guitar and an amazing expensive guitar
Quote by cmalmo4
Play a Les Paul Standard for recording, a little heavy for my liking for playing live though.
I've looked at SG's and the Telecaster '72's, any other suggestions? The genre of music ranges from clean stuff like Jack Johnson, to mid distortion like Academy Is/ Fall Out Boy, to higher gain stuff, Foo Fighters, Nirvana. Thanks guys

for trying to emulate fall out boy u have made my list
you douche
Quote by powerhead
It's just an easy way to shift blame as always. If Slipknot caused people to get murdered, then spoons caused Rosie O'Donnell to get fat.

MY LISTಠ_ಠ
--(Matt)--
cmalm04
dwmacfar2
Quote by Nite_Marez
for trying to emulate fall out boy u have made my list
you douche

why because he doesn't listen to the br00talz metal? you just made yourself seem like an ass, no one thinks what you said was cool, funny, or interesting. If he likes fall out boy thats his preference. I actually love Take This To Your Grave, i think its all bad after that though.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^