I really want to be able to play some cool metal songs that aren't to easy but not to hard. I already know enter sandman (everything but the solo) and long way down. If you suggest me a song, make sure its in regular or drop D tuning. I like Bands like As I lay Dying, August burns red, Haste the day and that sorta thing. I hate AC-DC.
Dread and the Fugitive Mind, by Megadeth. Everything but the solo should be pretty easy.
I'm that dude with the fro.
Quote by angus fan16
Long story short, a whale flew out of the ocean, landed next to me and shot like a wall of water straight into my face.
For Whom The Bell Tolls by Metallica
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
Seek and Destroy by Metallica isnt that hard either ... maybe the solo riff is a bit too fast, but its achievable. Its also a great crowd pleasing song.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Iron Man by Black Sabbath, it's a classic aswell. Also, if you like metalcore (like As I Lay Dying) you could try Absent Are The Saints by 36 Crazyfists, it's not that hard.
Rockin' the Gibson SG Standard Cherry!
Nothing else matters by metallica, solo is even easy...first one I learned.
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Try Room 409 by Bullet for My Valentine its really easy except the solo
Another good one is Dying in Your Arms by Trivium or Down From the Sky (but youll have to find a way to play it on a 6 string instead of 7)
My Gear:
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Schecter C-1 Custom
Jackson SLSMG
Line 6 POD HD500X

My SoundCloud
Quote by --{matt}--
Try Room 409 by Bullet for My Valentine its really easy except the solo
Another good one is Dying in Your Arms by Trivium or Down From the Sky (but youll have to find a way to play it on a 6 string instead of 7)

Room 409 was the first song I learned all the way through, minus the solo.
Rock You Like A Hurricane is the easiest song I know. It's got like five chords, A5, C5, D5, E5, G5, and besides the solo that's it. First song, too. Symphony of Destruction by Megadeth is pretty simple. Cowboys From Hell by Pantera is their easy song, but if you don't got a really good rhythm in your picking hand, it's kind of hard. All standard tuning.

(Try out One - Metallica, if you're a year into playing)
Last edited by SHACKR at Feb 15, 2009,
Quote by ::Luke::
I really want to be able to play some cool metal songs that aren't to easy but not to hard. I already know enter sandman (everything but the solo) and long way down. If you suggest me a song, make sure its in regular or drop D tuning. I like Bands like As I lay Dying, August burns red, Haste the day and that sorta thing. I hate AC-DC.

You don't actually like any metal then?
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by Benjabenja

+1
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
unholy confessions by avenged sevenfold

learn2downpick though
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H
Quote by Benjabenja

Well, I guess its more like metalcore or hardcore or hard rock but whatever.