Title. I want to listen to more guitarists or bands that have guitarists that are like him, or as close as possible.
My Albums

TALKING LIKE A JERK EXCEPT
YOU ARE AN ACTUAL JERK
AND LIVING PROOF THAT

SOMETIMES FRIENDS ARE MEAN

last.fm
tumblr
John Frusciante
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Last edited by slaptasticdave at Feb 15, 2009,
My left nut.

May not be revolutionary, but it's damn sure better than John Frusciante.
Last edited by Skirvy at Feb 17, 2009,
The Sound of Animals Fighting
The New Earth Group

Kind of sound similar to Omar/TMV
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
John Frusciante is a dbag

I was really diggin' Frances and Deloused and Omars solo ****, and i went lookin, i came up with Mahavishnu Orchestra, King Crimson, Al Di Meola.
There arnt alot of artists THAT close to him, just go progressive. John petrucci, Adam Jones... others were mentioned above.
Quote by Jonsin
John Frusciante is a dbag

I was really diggin' Frances and Deloused and Omars solo ****, and i went lookin, i came up with Mahavishnu Orchestra, King Crimson, Al Di Meola.

why is john fru a d-bag??
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
coz he sux at guitar man, duhhh

John doesn't suck but he is not this genius guitar player that everyone says he is. UG really has a lot of Froosh fan boys it seems. Every time someone mentions name a guitarist, Froosh pops up. He is a good guitar player but not this great guitar the people here on the modern rock thread people keep thinking he is.
The most talented man on earth...
Quote by DeadIdentity81
John doesn't suck but he is not this genius guitar player that everyone says he is. UG really has a lot of Froosh fan boys it seems. Every time someone mentions name a guitarist, Froosh pops up. He is a good guitar player but not this great guitar the people here on the modern rock thread people keep thinking he is.

+1
I love frusciante (I really do), but his music is NOTHING like that of omar's or the mars volta.

And yes I know he played most of TMV's amputechture but Omar wrote all those parts. Omar and JOhn are just good friends who enjoy a lot of music, that doesnt really translate into their music being the same.

I agree you should look into progressive rock. but dont go too much into the progressive METAL side, because that sounds nothing like Omar (even though its stil pretty awesome)

I'd recommend Allan Holdsworth. Hes not as 'dirty' as omar, but he plays music that just completely mindf**ks you most of the time. Really cool player, and probably one of the most technically talented EVER.
Some and only some of Fall Of Troys work has a certain TMV vibe and guitar work is at times similar, Thomas Eryak is very good.
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
I just think Frufru is boring, maybe I was expecting too much outa him, dece but nothing special.