Hi,has anyone played this guitar? or own one? Iv been looking at this guitar for a bit now and it looks sweet but can anyone tell me pro's and cons of it? thanks for the help
It plays like your average Epiphone. The difference being the P-90 pickups.

I find the '56 perfectly fine stock compared to the Standard (Which I don't find as impressive). With a nice set of Lollar '90's, the thing would probably scream.

If you like how Epiphones play and you like the P-90 sound, then by all means, pick one up.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I own one of these, very good epiphone, one of the best models they make. The p-90s arent for everybody, but handle classic rock, blues, jazz, punk and grunge very comfortably, think telecaster on steroids, truely some of my favourite pickups. The guitar is pretty heavy, as a good LP should be, neck is very chunky, but I like that kind of thing. Great tuning stability, very versatile, great look. I say try one out, if you like it , buy it.
thanks guys, youreallygotme- I play different types of music from guns n roses to alkaline trio do you think its fit for the purpose? and I heard the chineese goldtops are built badly,is there much truth in this? thanks again
Quote by slashfan7243
thanks guys, youreallygotme- I play different types of music from guns n roses to alkaline trio do you think its fit for the purpose? and I heard the chineese goldtops are built badly,is there much truth in this? thanks again

Much of the Gibson/Epiphone lines are hit and miss. The trick to finding the right Epiphone for you is exactly that. Finding it. Play a whole bunch of the '56 Goldtops and see which one you prefer.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by youreallygotme
I own one of these, very good epiphone, one of the best models they make. The p-90s arent for everybody, but handle classic rock, blues, jazz, punk and grunge very comfortably, think telecaster on steroids, truely some of my favourite pickups. The guitar is pretty heavy, as a good LP should be, neck is very chunky, but I like that kind of thing. Great tuning stability, very versatile, great look. I say try one out, if you like it , buy it.

How do you figure that? From most accounts, all the vintage "holy grail" les pauls were all fairly light.
yah, search around and find one, chinese epi's are hit and miss, mine is rather good, but i got lucky. I think you'll find most people prefer the fully solid body(not weight relieved) les pauls, its my personal opinion.