About 2 years ago, i used to play acoustic guitar, and then i got an electric guitar. I played those two guitars for a good while until my brother started expressing interest in learning how to play guitar. So I passed him the acoustic guitar, and that has now become his guitar. I'd love to be able to play that guitar, but since he plays left handed, and i play right handed, i cant really play that guitar anymore. So I would like to get a new acoustic. In this new acoustic, I would like a pickup so i could plug it into my amp if need be, and i would be willing to spend in the 600-800$ range. Im in Canada, so its fine if in USD. Oh, and if you need to know, I play some pink floyd, led zeppelin, etc. I'd greatly appreciate any reccomendations on which guitars I should look into.

Thanks!
“It's all fun and games, until someone looses an eye...than it's fun and games you can't see anymore.”-James Hetfield
Oh, and I'd like to have a cutaway
“It's all fun and games, until someone looses an eye...than it's fun and games you can't see anymore.”-James Hetfield
Quote by WallsOfJarrow
buddy your looking for a Martin. can't beat the sound of an acoustic martin.

Yep. Might have to spend some time shopping to find one at that price, it can be done, but at least in my area solid top Martins are tough to come by for that. Doable, but rare...

Check the brand battle. eighty posts and Martin is in the lead.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Actually, in this price range, you'll only get the low-end, rip off (IMO) Martins.

I'd look at Takamine, Seagull, Breedlove, Alvarez, and Epiphone in your price range. You should be able to get an all-solid wood A/E for this price from Alvarez, Epiphone, and maybe Takamine.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
TAYLOR!!!!!!!! try out some taylor's, bro!

I think the 110ce is close to your price range

the 210ce is ideal though, get a 2007 or 2008

also check out breedlove!

other good brands (for cheaper guitars) are Takamine, Alvarez, and seagull

the taylor's arent solid wood, but i think they are worth it.. it's all a matter of opinion rally..

go to guitar center and find something you think sounds good!
Quote by WallsOfJarrow
buddy your looking for a Martin. can't beat the sound of an acoustic martin.

yeup i think the Martin DCX1E would do cuz it sounds nice and its in your price range and also its an acoustic electric
Quote by Natrone
Actually, in this price range, you'll only get the low-end, rip off (IMO) Martins.

I'd look at Takamine, Seagull, Breedlove, Alvarez, and Epiphone in your price range. You should be able to get an all-solid wood A/E for this price from Alvarez, Epiphone, and maybe Takamine.

This!

I'd avoid Taylors in this range too, seeing as they are fairly overpriced for what you are getting.
does blueridge make a cutaway? my dad used 2 have one till he sold it to buy a martin. it was a sweet guitar.