So, im a hardrock/metal player, but im in a church youth band. They let me do pretty much whatever I want, which is cool, but we have this one song that my style just doesn't fit. They really want me to do something, but i don't have any idea what to do. The chord prog. goes: G D C D. I know it's the simplest thing ever, but my angst filled blues just doesn't fit.
Help?
Rock is like sex. One you play it (have it), you're hooked!
-Clazgar

Turn up, tune in, drop out-Timmothy Leary

Quote by gtmustang2006
The Internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.
Lots of deep bends, some smooth legato at a slower pace, a unison bend here and there - some long slides - you should be alright. Just make sure the notes have lots of room to breath.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Thanks for the help.
:Headbang:
Rock is like sex. One you play it (have it), you're hooked!
-Clazgar

Turn up, tune in, drop out-Timmothy Leary

Quote by gtmustang2006
The Internet: Where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.
a lot of the time just slow solos are "pretty" sounding. work with some scales and improvise slowly and you'll definitely get somewhere
play the chords and just put some slides up to the 9ths and 13ths.
if you want insporation look at some hendrix rhythm stuff - he did that a lot with his rhythm parts. so long as you keep in the g major scale you'll be fine. possibly looks at some beatles too?
what other instruments are in the band - do you have a rhythm guitarist/pianist?
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
for a hendrix song - try wind cries mary, it's in f but has a pretty similar chord sequence and you should get the idea

sorry for the double post - it came to me as i was fiddling with the chords
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Last edited by doive at Feb 15, 2009,
Honestly dude, you'd be pretty safe with major pentatonic, and it's all gonna sound good.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Major scale, do half strep bends on the major 7th notes and major 3rd notes, but use them sparingly, cause they won't always fit, but if they do fit you go into "slash-emotional-solo-territory"; for the lack of a better term (think knocking on heaven's door (first)solo).

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Feb 16, 2009,