I need a new amp terribly and i want to get an tube 2x12(10 maybe?) combo. I play a Jackson w/ EMGs through a pedalboard. It will mostly be used for metal but i play some classic rock-ish/clean stuff too. <$400 if possible. I really want 2 channels but I could live with one. I will buy used if i can find it. I really dont have a good store around here to demo stuff (one sells mesa boogie/krank and is way out of my range and the other pretty much sells MGs and line6) so i really cant "just expiriment" until i find something. I hope thats all you need to know...if its not, just ask.
Thanks...
used 5150 Combo?
Gear:

Tokai Les Paul LS65
Carvin MTS3200 212 Combo
Boss SD-1 with Monte Allums GT Mod
Dunlop Crybaby

100 Watt Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo For Sale! £400! PM Me For Details/Offers...
well for versatility a B-52 At212 will be good but they were discontinued a moth before the AT112 were discontinued....

and if you cab find one Peavey XXX combo....
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
B-52 At-112
Bugera (if you want to deal with possible reliability issues)

other than that you're going to want to step up your budget for the really good stuff
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
Quote by acdclandon
B-52 At-112
Bugera (if you want to deal with possible reliability issues)

other than that you're going to want to step up your budget for the really good stuff

Yeah, 2x12s aren't really that common for that price.
+1 for xxx combo!!! I was gasing for one but I could never find a used one around here so I just got a c30, with I love! But it will never get that sweet, creamy, rich, orgasmic metal distortion that the xxx had... shame on peavey for discontinuing the combo's . Although the new 3201 or whatever number it is might make up for it.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by mrxtreme_4
+1 for xxx combo!!! I was gasing for one but I could never find a used one around here so I just got a c30, with I love! But it will never get that sweet, creamy, rich, orgasmic metal distortion that the xxx had... shame on peavey for discontinuing the combo's . Although the new 3201 or whatever number it is might make up for it.

its 3120..... you're close.....
im going to try those amps next saturday on my local store.and i want to see if it really is a XXX improvement....
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
its 3120..... you're close.....
im going to try those amps next saturday on my local store.and i want to see if it really is a XXX improvement....

Yeah I wanna go try one out too. I there already a combo version?

And you are one lucky bastard for having a XXX... I basically worship everyone on here who has one because I want one so bad... and I also hate you. If only I never took that trip down to NYC, I would have never known about the sweet little metal amp within my price range.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by mrxtreme_4
Yeah I wanna go try one out too. I there already a combo version?

And you are one lucky bastard for having a XXX... I basically worship everyone on here who has one because I want one so bad... and I also hate you. If only I never took that trip down to NYC, I would have never known about the sweet little metal amp within my price range.

not that i know of.......
its my uncles its not really mine but he lets me use it only for gigs and jamming with friends....
feel free to add me
Quote by underoath0902
ok so would $600 change anything? lol my life isnt worth much.

NAO YOU CAN AFFURD A PEAVEY XXX COMBO.........
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
NAO YOU CAN AFFURD A PEAVEY XXX COMBO.........

this isn't 4chan
stop it
NAO.

TS, save up your money, its the best thing you can do. Cause in the long run your gonna have to buy another amp more expensive one, and then your gonna think to yourself "why didn't i just save my money" cause if you can get 1k you could get so much more.
^the XXX can last him for years......... and i have never been to 4chan what is it liek.......
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^the XXX can last him for years......... and i have never been to 4chan what is it liek.......

gtfo before i make you
^no im not kidding im 13 and i never went to 4chan......
feel free to add me
^if he isn't lying, he's lucky.
Quote by Sid McCall
Yeah, they don't arrest/ticket hobos because they can't pay the fines. Then they hang out in the jail all day eating free food. There's no point.

Quote by Brendan.Clace
Oh god...this thread....it is going places....
Quote by cavalier14
^if he isn't lying, he's lucky.

im not.........
feel free to add me
Quote by convictionless

gtfo before i make you

Somebody's got they're panties in a wad . WTF gives good advice, which you have not. So you gtfo.

TS: I second the XXX. Also look for a 5150 or 6505+
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Last edited by classicrocker01 at Feb 15, 2009,
btw i saw you were contemplating 2x10?

DO NOT do that if you are going for metal, i don't think i've even heard of those being made

i would reccomend a 1x12, which would make things a lot easier
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE