So, 2009 looks like a good year for pop punk.
It looks like a revival of first wave.
Green Day's first album in five years, another Sum 41 album and blink's reunion.
What do you think?
If I cut off your arms, and I cut off your legs, would you still love me, anyway?
Why's everyone think 2009 is going to be the **** just because Blink and GD are coming around...
first wave?

...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Quote by Its_Rock77
first wave?

My thoughts exactly .

I'm hoping that pop punk will get more popular and drown out all the crappy Nickelback type bands that are bombarding the radio at the moment.
Quote by IcePh0enix
My thoughts exactly .

ditto.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by IcePh0enix
My thoughts exactly .

I'm hoping that pop punk will get more popular and drown out all the crappy Nickelback type bands that are bombarding the radio at the moment.

+1. id rather listen to pop-punk, no matter how poppy/bad, than ****ty nickelback type bands ANY day
Arbor A410 Bass
Dinosaur 20 Watt Bass Amp
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Squier Bullet

Excuse me sir, have you been thinking tonight?
Quote by wshnationals
+1. id rather listen to pop-punk, no matter how poppy/bad, than ****ty nickelback type bands ANY day

agreed.

^ ditto, again.

As much as I hate Good Charlotte, I'd take those ****ers over Puddle of Mudd any day of the week. Fortunately, my car has a CD player, so whatever...

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
I would love it if any kind of punk would get more popular.

Even if everyone is listening to Green Day, I don't mind, I am glad it is not a band that is overly ****ty.

As for Blink 182, I am stoked for what they would do. They are my second favorite pop punk band, I want to hear from them.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I can't say I'm much of a Sum 41 fan. but I would just be overjoyed if some millenium pop punk returned, rather than just the same bands releasing albums with their "new sounds"
if you guys know what I mean? I'm in the mood for some nostalgic listening.

I'm kind of excited for my chem and green day's new albums and blinks.

Nickelback is good if the volumes turned down.

Isn't paramore supposed to put out an album too?
My Chemical Romance is releasing their new album in 2009.
I don't care what you say; there are worse bands out there.

And I heard Billy Talent might release a new album as well. (?)

2009 seems like a great year.
The Marked Men released a really good album this year, so check that out. Its called Ghosts. Teenage Bottlerocket signed to Fat Wreck so we can assume that something will be coming from them.
Still- this is the worst year for pop punk because it follows the break up of The Ergs! who are too great for words. Best pop punk group since the Descendents and I will fight anyone who tells me otherwise.
The Gaslight Anthem has songs written for a third album, but I don't know if they have any plans to release anything yet, moreover I don't know if they belong in pop punk anymore. But I'm still excited.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we expecting a new album from Brand New this year?

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
The Gaslight Anthem has songs written for a third album, but I don't know if they have any plans to release anything yet, moreover I don't know if they belong in pop punk anymore. But I'm still excited.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we expecting a new album from Brand New this year?

I don't think that The Gaslight Anthem was ever pop punk. Punk with some post-punk and classic rock influence.
I forgot that Brand New may be due out this year! Now I'm all excited again!

09 would be the **** if northstar got back together.
Taking Back Sunday = Sensitive Hardcore