Page 1 of 3
does anyone know of any "trancecore" (that's what its called i know its ridiculous) bands besides them and enter shikari

post them
THOU SHALL NOT PASS!

My gear is not worth mentioning.
Quote by bombsquadjunky
I think Dr. Acula might be a band like that.

yea they kinda are but not as grindcore-ish
THOU SHALL NOT PASS!

umm listen to we came as romans. or greta knights, both generally unknown bands.... just wait a year
Quote by tdwp867
umm listen to we came as romans. or greta knights, both generally unknown bands.... just wait a year

BEAUTIFUL THANKS!
THOU SHALL NOT PASS!

you could always check out of mice and men, austin from attack attack's new band. they got signed 5 days after becoming a band, and they only have a bassist and a vocalist.

oh, and they paid two locals to write the song they have recorded.

basically, eff austin and attack attack.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
4x12 with Eminence Screamin' Eagles
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
Furman M-8 Power Conditioner
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
Genghis Tron.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Quote by dylandtl
you could always check out of mice and men, austin from attack attack's new band. they got signed 5 days after becoming a band, and they only have a bassist and a vocalist.

Well seeing as he was in one of the most up and coming bands on Rise Records, I imagine he'd have connections.
There are bands that consist of one person. It doesn't change the quality of the music they make.
You're just jealous if you try to believe they paid people to write all their music.

OP:Of mice and men have potential so keep an eye out for them.
and check out I See Stars
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
Well seeing as he was in one of the most up and coming bands on Rise Records, I imagine he'd have connections.
There are bands that consist of one person. It doesn't change the quality of the music they make.
You're just jealous if you try to believe they paid people to write all their music.

OP:Of mice and men have potential so keep an eye out for them.
and check out I See Stars

Actually I believe it because they said it themselves. It's in their blog.

And I tend to stray away from bands where the lead vocals cheats on his fiance on tour with underage girls.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Genghis Tron.

This is correct.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by dylandtl

And I tend to stray away from bands where the lead vocals cheats on his fiance on tour with underage girls.

Quoted directly from their myspace...

"The two, got their friends in Though She Wrote and Miss May I, to help them write and record the song "Seven Thousand Miles for What?" ""

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=449737685&blogID=468751083
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
Genghis Tron makes every other band mentioned in this thread eat ****.

Known fact.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
None of these bands have the trance synths very dominant at all.

There's a couple bands that are heavier with more trance-style elements,

Silent Descent
Blood Stain Child

I'm seriously going to be working on my own 'trancecore' project that has a lot more trance/techno than the rest of these bands. It'll be there throughout the whole song.
Quote by dylandtl

Miss May I helped them with the song. That doesn't mean that they didn't do any of the writing.

And nice job keeping false rumors alive. If anything, it was probably his drinking habits that got him kicked out, if you really want a reason.

And I agree with the guy above. As much as I love AA and HvH, GT kills them.
Quote by 3rdActguitarist
House vs Hurricane is amazing

Yes, that they are.

I see stars
Greta Knights
We came as romans
In Fear and Faith

etc
I wouldn't compare Genghis Tron to Attack Attack! at all, really.

I love both bands (GT is one of my top 5 favorites all time), but AA! are EXTREMELY upbeat, and more, while Tron are really downtempo.

Just me, though.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
I wouldn't compare Genghis Tron to Attack Attack! at all, really.

I love both bands (GT is one of my top 5 favorites all time), but AA! are EXTREMELY upbeat, and more, while Tron are really downtempo.

Just me, though.

He suggested GT because he didn't want this thread to be filled with absolutely terrible bands like Attack Attack. I'm not even a big GT fan but they kill any of the other generic bands in here.
wow i cried when i read the original post. you obvious know nothing about music. this band is awful. "trancecore" doesn't even begin to describe them.

and also LOL that you think its an accomplishment for a band to get signed who is a side project of one of the biggest scene bands out there. Its just regurgitating more ****.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by waldorphPRS41
He suggested GT because he didn't want this thread to be filled with absolutely terrible bands like Attack Attack. I'm not even a big GT fan but they kill any of the other generic bands in here.

Ah.

Well, I will agree that I think Genghis Tron is the better band, no doubt, but I like Attack Attack! as well, so.....
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by pmeg568c
wow i cried when i read the original post. you obvious know nothing about music. this band is awful. "trancecore" doesn't even begin to describe them.

and also LOL that you think its an accomplishment for a band to get signed who is a side project of one of the biggest scene bands out there. Its just regurgitating more ****.

THANK YOU for realizing how ****ty attack attack is. I was about to kill myself from all the stupidity.
Guitars
Schecter Omen 6
Agile LP 2500
Kramer RR V
Amp
Peavey 6505
Others
Mogami Cables
Korg DTR-1000
MXR Smartgate
BBE Sonic Maximizer
My Band
www.myspace.com/gdbr
Quote by catalyst329
Im not being defensive or anything, but whats wrong with attack attack?

My thoughts exactly
Whats wrong with having an opinion and actually enjoying their music?
Seladora is the only one not mentioned here that I can think of off the top of my head. I will post more when i think of them.
ok here is why attack attack is awful.

first of all, what would you classify, attack attack as? if you said hardcore, then you bring me to my first point.

1. This band is marketed as a hardcore band, even though they literally do not even remotely sound like a hardcore band, and are not hardcore. This causes our youth, such as you, to be ignorant, and think that this is what hardcore is.

2. This band is completely and entirely unoriginal. Not only are they basically a clone of this other awful band known as a devils wears prada, but they are quite possibly even worse. Aren't you kids tired of hearing the same breakdown over and over again followed by a melodic chorus that uses 2 chords and sounds like everything else, and then the cheesiest synth line just to pretend that they have more to them, when in fact it just makes them sound even worse.

3. This band is obviously just popular with the current scene. They are basically the mainstream band of "heavier" (if you can even call it that) music. When did this band appear huge on the scene, what 3, 4 months ago? Now they are playing a bunch of huge festivals already and have millions of teenybopper fans and are signed to a label INFAMOUS for signing really bad bands like these because it is currently what is cool to listen to. And bull**** that they worked hard for that. They don't work nearly as hard as any other real hardcore band, because they think its normal to get signed and blow up. They are most likely spoiled little bitches who know nothing about the actual work it takes to get a legitimate band off the ground.

It's cool if you like this band and all, but i guarantee 100%, that in 2 years, maybe less, this band will have completely disappeared and you will be like, oh man i listened to that garbage? oh well i guess it was cool at the time.

remember a few years ago when we had all those fall out boy rip off bands? pop-punk "emo" mixes? Can you even name two of those bands now? exactly, because they were the indie "underground" trend at the time, just as generic metalcore/hardcore crossover is now. (along with pop-punk/hardcore crossover)
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
pmeq i'm really glad people like you and JxD take the time to make these posts. it helps remind me how ****ed up it is that these bands are popular (without having to listen to the bands).
Quote by pmeg568c
ok here is why attack attack is awful.

first of all, what would you classify, attack attack as? if you said hardcore, then you bring me to my first point.

1. This band is marketed as a hardcore band, even though they literally do not even remotely sound like a hardcore band, and are not hardcore. This causes our youth, such as you, to be ignorant, and think that this is what hardcore is.

2. This band is completely and entirely unoriginal. Not only are they basically a clone of this other awful band known as a devils wears prada, but they are quite possibly even worse. Aren't you kids tired of hearing the same breakdown over and over again followed by a melodic chorus that uses 2 chords and sounds like everything else, and then the cheesiest synth line just to pretend that they have more to them, when in fact it just makes them sound even worse.

3. This band is obviously just popular with the current scene. They are basically the mainstream band of "heavier" (if you can even call it that) music. When did this band appear huge on the scene, what 3, 4 months ago? Now they are playing a bunch of huge festivals already and have millions of teenybopper fans and are signed to a label INFAMOUS for signing really bad bands like these because it is currently what is cool to listen to. And bull**** that they worked hard for that. They don't work nearly as hard as any other real hardcore band, because they think its normal to get signed and blow up. They are most likely spoiled little bitches who know nothing about the actual work it takes to get a legitimate band off the ground.

It's cool if you like this band and all, but i guarantee 100%, that in 2 years, maybe less, this band will have completely disappeared and you will be like, oh man i listened to that garbage? oh well i guess it was cool at the time.

remember a few years ago when we had all those fall out boy rip off bands? pop-punk "emo" mixes? Can you even name two of those bands now? exactly, because they were the indie "underground" trend at the time, just as generic metalcore/hardcore crossover is now. (along with pop-punk/hardcore crossover)

The ex lead singer has pointed out that it took them almost 4 years to get off the ground. Although Rise definitely has **** bands (WATCHOUTTHERESGHOSTS) this is one of their better bands.
They took what TDWP had, and then added on to it, which is what pretty much every band in every genre does, which is why music slowly evolves instead of quickly changing.
And by millions you mean maybe 20,000 people at most? I can only name maybe 10 people that know who this band is. So they got a spot on warped tour, they're probably going to be on the Ernie Ball Stage. Protest the Hero was on the tour and they're not "spoiled" or have "sold out".

Admit it, unless you are really interested in music, real hardcore sounds like ****.

Going off on a tangent here as well, but a lot of the hardcore elitists who are sore because the bands they listen to don't get enough attention aren't exactly correct in what they say. There's a reason why there's no "mainstream" true hardcore festival. The general population has chosen to discard what the majority thinks is a band that's not very good. Last time I checked, when a person is outmatched on opinion 1000 to 1, the said person is always wrong.

I'm aware a lot of this may seem irrelevant. I'm just typing the first things that come to mind.
Quote by lordneezi
Attack! Attack are nothing like The Devil Wears Prada.

The first time I heard Attack Attack, I thought someone had put on TDWP. They're REALLLLLLYYY similar.
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
Admit it, unless you are really interested in music, real hardcore sounds like ****.

I have devoted countless hours of my life to music, I'm most likely going for a performance major in bass, and I love hardcore music.
The problem I have with bands and labels such as these is that they treat their bands and their music as an investment. They care more about making money through trends than putting out anything close to good music. I've heard stories of labels only allowing bands to put certain pictures on their myspace profile because they don't believe some pictures accurately represent the way they want their band to be seen.

What annoys me the most about these bands though, is that they take the hardcore genre, something that myself and a large number of other people are passionate about, and add pop choruses and trendy synth all in the name of "making it big." Hardcore music, to me, is about actually putting emotion and thought into the songs you write, whether it be the pure anger of powerviolence or the despair of screamo. I just find it hard to see where the thought and emotion exists in a band who has recycled the same music and lyrics that have been popular for the last two years.

Basically, if you're in a band that has anything to do with hardcore, only to be popular or to make money, you can get fucked.
To that if "1000 people think something and 1 person thinks another than the one person is wrong" comment. I would like say that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. People used to think the world was flat, if I came along and said it was round would I be wrong? Obviously not.

In a world full of evil people, a good person would be considered evil, while the evil are considered good.
Last edited by PhobiXa at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by PhobiXa
To that if "1000 people think something and 1 person thinks another than the one person is wrong" comment. I would like say that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. People used to think the world was flat, if I came along and said it was round would I be wrong? Obviously not.

In a world full of evil people, a good person would be considered evil, while the evil are considered good.

Music is complelty subjective, so there is no real right or wrong when talking about it. That means you cant really compare it to saying "the world is flat" or any stuff like that.
Quote by dylandtl

yup. it was the guitarist, kamron, in though she wrote and the drummer of miss may i. austin is a douche. nobody in the columbus "music scene" likes him.
Page 1 of 3