Long story short, I had to take the chassis off my Peavey to get the tip of a broken input cable out. What I saw was this: (.........ok so i don't have a pic right now but i'll get one up when I can.)

Basically, there are a lot of open spaces where there should be transistors, caps, resistors, etc. Why is this, and does anyone by a slim chance know any mods I could do to this amp?
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
i have this amp
i wish there was a Gain control.
Maybe a new speaker and a new pre-amp?
do you have the one with a silver stripe on the bottom or the red stripe?

i think i should make a Peavery rage 158 grpup.
they really have nice cleans,ok Dirty (better then spyders)
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
No, I was saying it does have a gain control. The pre gain knob.

I was like "but it has a gain control?"

but not really that great
^ My friend has one, and I must tell you all, that that gain channel is why you have distortion pedals. It sounds s**t terrible.

I also have to ask, maybe ( I think it has a valve/tube right?) you can change tubes to like....another kind? I don't know much about the amp though
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK
you mean when you click the cahn. Button
its hell on earth.
and what if you dont have a pedal? (i have one though )
it has Transtube technologie
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
I have 1 of those amps and not a whole lot you can do with it. Its hard to expect much in the way of great tone from an 8" combo speaker. The dirty channel is going to sound bad, diodes and caps wont fix it. Even with pedals on the clean channel its not that great.
I disagree with that last bit. I run an EHX Metal Muff through the clean channel, it sounds great. Then again, I have the EQ on the amp at zero for all three knobs, so there's really no tone coming from the amp there.
Ok. sorry for not responding to your posts, my comp got messed up.
I have the Rage that is black and red. It does have a gain channel, and it sounds kinda bad, but a TON better than my spider.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
I have this amp, but have since replaced it. I recall seeing a youtube video of someone connecting it to a 4x12 or 2x12 or somthing and it actually sounding passable. Unfortuneatly pretty much everything on the amp is PCB mounted so that would limit moding potential. IMO the best use for it is just to scavenge some parts or just use it as a practaise amp. The only mod i can think of doing would be to replace the clipping diodes in the gain chanel and change some component values. I havent seen the Schematic so i cant do much more to help. I have the red stripe version of the amp.
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158