My second cover in about 2 weeks maybe. I JUST got an acoustic. for the intro. w00t! It's a Telluride. At $20, it was quite a steal .

A Coheed and Cambria song, complete with insanely high vocals and solo.

Tell me what you think and what I need to work on!

If it's not up when you click on my profile, something went wrong with the upload (I have dialup) and I'll fix that ASAP.
(: Happily E-Married to Nizzi <3 (:
Quote by Myfirstpubes
Then you get your bathroom door kicked in by some dude in a leather thong and a cape saying, "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Quote by shanethestoner
hard work. and inspiration... or marijuana

My MySpace
Ya I dont see it in your profile
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
yeah, I'm trying to get it up right now. It froze. Stupid dialup.
Quote by Myfirstpubes
Then you get your bathroom door kicked in by some dude in a leather thong and a cape saying, "THIS IS SPARTA!"

Quote by shanethestoner

My MySpace
When I get an amp capable of not sucking, I'll change the tone.
Quote by Myfirstpubes

Quote by shanethestoner

My MySpace
You really need a new amp...

But you can play it all well, and apart from the tone, it sounds great!

Keep up the good work
Yeah thanks. First on my list of stuff to buy when I has moneys is an Ibanez Prestige for $600-ish though . Or a Minarek Medusa, but that's $3000 :S. Then an amp.
Quote by Myfirstpubes

Quote by shanethestoner

My MySpace
You did the vocals too! Your tone (allegedly due to your amp) and pinch harmonics can use a little work. Other than that you pretty much nailed it. For someone who's been playing less than a year, it was very impressive.
awww... you laughed at my vocals . lol I should work on the Claudio range.

I think the problem is also with my mic, which I think came from walmart (christmas gift) :/. Plus my amp is only a 4 watt practice amp. maybe I can borrow a friend of mine's amp. He has three <_<. Even a Marshall MG is better than my amp.

and thanks!
Quote by Myfirstpubes

Quote by shanethestoner

My MySpace
I've been listening to Coheed for years, and I gotta say; this cover is crap. You can play the song, yes; but your tone is just eek. The distortion is way overdone, and you need to clean up the acoustic parts. Vocally, I would suggest singing in a "normal" tone. You are not hitting the Claudio Sanchez, falsetto. You sound like some manic woman trying to have sex with the guitar but realizing the whammy bar got stuck, or something.

In light of this, I checked out your cover of Time Consumer (one of my favorite songs, considering the first time I heard it I was playing Runescape on an insanely new level, back when I was younger, haha). I really enjoyed the guitar parts, and your vocals weren't as painful. I honestly think your vox is just a joke, and that you could sing if you were at a normal range for yourself. Most people aren't going to be able to sing like Claudio, so try and make these songs your own and comfortable for you.
Check out Hear the Indie for music reviews, interviews, and more.

Want a review? Send me a PM or email through the contact form on my site.
STICK: Good, youve got the skills, and thats great. Your tone is weird, and that will come with time. Try broadening you r Mid-Range, (Dont scoop out the middle), and you should get there. The distortion is a bit overused, but I think the heavy sound is good. I like the sound, pacing and feel. You did great.

VOX: Be yourself man. Your not Claudio, and you really dont have to be. A Cover is a cover. You think that when Jimi covered Hey Joe and All Along the Watchtower he wanted to sound like Dylan and the Leaves? Not really. If this is your natural tone, bring it down a bit, get low. Try singing it low on Rock Band w/ the mic to get the notes down, but dont worry, youll get there.

Can you play and sing at the same time? That would be impressive afterall. But then, Claudio does. But then again, what does he do that isnt impressive?

Keep it up, youre rockin, and dont let the critics get you down.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
It's definitely not my normal vocal range lol. And yes, I can and like to sing and play at the same time.

Second thing, My amp has a volume knob, a gain knob, and a tone knob. Nothing else, no bass treble mids. Because it's a practice amp. Sorry. I'll see what I can do with it, but I doubt the sucky amp/mic combo is gonna get any good distortion. That's what you get for not having money!

Ulalume: you really think the Time Consumer vox are better/less painful? Everyone else thinks these are better. but yeah I think I can hit the notes that high in falsetto, it just doesn't sound very good tonewise.

I think I will redo Welcome Home, eventually, after I work on my singing (faster vibrato, pitch control, tone in the high notes). It's a great song, and I'd hate to leave my cover imperfect . Maybe I'll just sing it down an octave next time. That's all in my modal range. It just sounds so wrong to me :/. Also, I had NO idea how important the tone was before this, so I'll make sure to take all that into account for my next cover.... >:]. It's not Coheed this time.
Quote by Myfirstpubes

Quote by shanethestoner

My MySpace
Last edited by SuperKoolKid at Feb 19, 2009,
Quote by SuperKoolKid
I think I will redo Welcome Home, eventually, after I work on my singing (faster vibrato, pitch control, tone in the high notes). It's a great song, and I'd hate to leave my cover imperfect . Maybe I'll just sing it down an octave next time. That's all in my modal range. It just sounds so wrong to me :/. Also, I had NO idea how important the tone was before this, so I'll make sure to take all that into account for my next cover.... >:]. It's not Coheed this time.

Tone matters a lot, but not nearly as much when it sounds GOOD, as opposed to close. Dont worry too much about your amp. If you have a computer, you could look into Amplitube for some recording options, they have a ton of killer sounds, and you can adjust all your nobs.

Sing it your way, make it your speed, and make it yours. Claudio felt the pain of a broken heart when he wrote this, and it shows when he plays it live. But you and I wont have that attachment when we do it, so we'll add our own experiances to it, and thats going to change it. Let it be yours, and then it will come together. Let the critics be critics. Tell them to make sure that Jimi gets blasted for going off key in "All Along the Watchtower" while your at it. Tell the Animals that the riff for "House of the Rising Sun" wasnt even close to Dylans prowess on the stick.

Do it your way. It worked for Frank Sinatra. BTW. "My Way"......thats a cover song too.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204