im new to soloing and im trying to learn tapping but i cant get it to go that loud without hitting it that hard which makes me tapp slower so what ive been doing is using my pick to tap is that bad should i stop doing that lol
and can anyone give me any tips on how to get better lol
Practice until you can hit hard and fast at the same time. It's that simple.
Uhhh, don't give up and use a pick. Fingers and pick are completely different. They sound completely different and you do completely different things with them.

When you're using your fingers, make sure you're pulling off after you tap the string, or nothing will ring out properly.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
although tapping sounds cool, it should not be your primary method of soloing. after a little while, it will just sound cheap.
Quote by Chaz22
although tapping sounds cool, it should not be your primary method of soloing. after a little while, it will just sound cheap.
Although posting sh*t like this on the UG fourms might seem like a good idea, it should not be your primary method of communication. After a little while, it will just piss people off.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
Quote by ramm_ty
Uhhh, don't give up and use a pick. Fingers and pick are completely different. They sound completely different and you do completely different things with them.

When you're using your fingers, make sure you're pulling off after you tap the string, or nothing will ring out properly.

so would it be better if i start with the pick and when i can do tat good move on to finger or just start with my finger

oh and im learning crazy train solo so what would be best for that lol
Quote by DeadWhisper
so would it be better if i start with the pick and when i can do tat good move on to finger or just start with my finger

oh and im learning crazy train solo so what would be best for that lol
I personally think learning to use your fingers would do you a lot more good than using a pick...but again, you'll probably want to be able to do both.

I think Rhoads taps with a pick on Crazy Train though, so I guess you could learn it that way if you're trying to nail the solo.
Quote by TGautier13
Last edited by ramm_ty at Feb 15, 2009,
learn with fingers, it's more accurate, and the note is more articulate/loud w/e u wanna call it.

With the pick you get that typical "spastic" satch tap sound, and finger is fluid, because you get a more legato like sound.

Cool tapping that you can do with finger;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdT3XDyejLs&feature=related

Cool tapping you can do with a pick; (at 3:08 in the vid)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdT3XDyejLs&feature=related

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??