I was watching an interview last night and since i had recently been turned onto metal i watched a documentary on it anyway... i was a big fan of Sabbath Led Zeppelin and AC/DC before i was called an actual "headbanger" they mentioned a devils note while interviewing Toni iommi now i wanted to know what it is and am becoming a little obsessed with finding it can anyone help me? it supposedly has alot of history to it and was from ancient times...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I don't think that exhonerees should get a cash settlement, they should get a basket with lotions and fruit, with a card that says "sorry!" with a little doggy on it.

Quote by sock_demon

*Shredding* BREAKER BREAKER, IVE GOT A DEAD HOOKER, OVER*Shredding*
The flat 5th. Its in blues scales.
Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.

Me
what they said its a tri-tone it was the forbidden interval in old church music because it was believed to summon the devil
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
Yeah what they said lol, but back in the 17-1800's and im sure before that it was considered witchcraft and evil to play that note while shredding your lute/fiddle. Something along those lines.
Smart Pothead and Proud
the elusive devil's note. Think (the tune) black sabbath - that's it baby. oh, and i'm sure nearly every slayer lick has incorporated that as well.
Quote by tbone666
the elusive devil's note. Think (the tune) black sabbath - that's it baby. oh, and i'm sure nearly every slayer lick has incorporated that as well.

you say it's elusive, then you say that every slayer lick has incorporated it.
this makes me doubt you understand the english language.
███████████████████████████████████
thnx you guys ill be sure just to play that note 500 times before i start a show to freak every1 out btw keep adding info
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I don't think that exhonerees should get a cash settlement, they should get a basket with lotions and fruit, with a card that says "sorry!" with a little doggy on it.

Quote by sock_demon

your not gunna freak no one out. it was freaky hundreds of years ago.. i dont think anyone will see your point.

listen to the introduction of charlie by the red hot chili peppers, or the intro to purple haze by jimi hendrix.. the intervals are being used in that
awwww but that wouldve been cool you see the crowd all close their eyes clap their hands together and start praying everytime i play that note just obsessing like i always do its real funny in my head and take that in both ways
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by sock_demon

lolz gracias Black Sabbath is where metal was born
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by sock_demon