Page 1 of 3
Heres the debate going on in our house right now help us settle this arguement.....

which is faster light or sight????????????????????????????
I pick my nose....
Wouldn't things go quicker than are brains can process?

I say light.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Sight is caused by light hitting the eye (cornea, I believe), so obviously light has to be a little bit faster.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

GREATEST
PIC
OF
LIFE

you just won the thread. a round of applause is in order *fap fap fa......CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

TF2 Player?
Light...You first need light to see. So it's faster than your sight. Sight is just interpretting the light that you recieve.
Quote by blynd_snyper
yes we all need answers to xboys questions hurry up goddam it

Quote by Kankuro
Damn you X-Boy!!!

Founder And Member Of The " I Don't Masturbate Club "

TURNED 18 TODAY !!! (22/02)
Quote by thewho68
Sight is caused by light hitting the eye (cornea, I believe), so obviously light has to be a little bit faster.

I think this.. light is hitting our eyes.. causing sight.. and without light, you don't really have sight do you??.. answer me and prove me wrong people..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

If sight WERE faster than light...

....could we look THROUGH light?!?!?!

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Sight doesn't have a speed, the speed of sight is the speed at which light reflects off an object back to your eye. They're the same.
if the sun burnt out it would take 8 minutes for it to show on earth.....
I pick my nose....
^Ok?

Uhh...light.
How the hell would sight be quicker than light?
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
Without light there is no sight.

That isn't even a comparable argument. Its like comparing what is heavier, a big car or raping a bitch. It just doesn't work.
Any spelling or grammatical errors written above are because of my inferior brain to yours. Good job, you won life.
sight isnt a speed, thats dumb. it just reflects different colours from objects into your brain which then decodes it and puts an image in your head.

your eyesight doesnt travel thorugh the air, thats retarded.
Nither because the eye dosne the eye dosent have speed, so theres no way you could form a coclusion on this, case closed

If it were the brain than thats a tottaly different story!!!
A page can't understand that. Get on your mage to get this cheat.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
If your measuring sight against light your basically measuring wave lengths against nuerons traveling from the eyes to the left and right parts of the brain.

How ever if you read up on how the eyes work you'd see that they simply do not just take light in and send it straight to the brain, they process each and every wave length that comes into contact with the cones in yours eyes... it then goes through the process of being processed, yes in your eye, these parts kind of process the image so the brain will understand then, if not you'd just see random flashes of light and noise, a whole load of other **** goes on too, but once an image has been built up it is processed at the back of your eye and sent to the left and right parts of your brain to be processed into an image, which is what we actaully see..

So light is indeed faster that sight.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by BlackandSilver
A page can't understand that. Get on your mage to get this cheat.

Mage? Ha! I will just gank you on my Death Knight.
Quote by St.Loony
Mage? Ha! I will just gank you on my Death Knight.

Too bad I'll just...

I'll suck you off if you don't reference this.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I actually had a weird thought about this a few days ago, how no human ever REALLY sees in reality. There's always that delay for the light to reach us. No one ever sees the universe as it actually is, but more so how it was at some point in the past, from a fraction of a second ago (something like the keyboard in front of you) to billions of years ago (far outer space, when we see things like the formation of stars that have most likely blown up long ago).
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Feb 15, 2009,
sight of course. i can see things before they happen. some call it telepathy, i call it good vision and quick thinking!
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
My dumbass senses are tingling

and to contribute to this thread, light is faster than sight, plus whatever other things the other pit monkeys have stated

A mere facepalm cannot express the excessive amounts of fail in that question.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
I am not sure since you need light to see, so the speed of sight might be rendered meaningless. So all importance could go to the spead of light if my idea holds up. And for times when there is light, there is a lag time that occurs when a person changes what they are looking at. The eyes need to refocus on the new object so it might be hard to say exactly how fast sight is.
sight doesnt go anywhere.... it just takes in input from the light that hits your eyes from the outside world.

light actually travels, so it is faster.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by ScottElwood
Without light there is no sight.

That isn't even a comparable argument. Its like comparing what is heavier, a big car or raping a bitch. It just doesn't work.

Probably the best thing i read all day.
Quote by Stress Cow
You know you're fucked up when the pit thinks you're a sick bastard.
sight doesnt move.... you can never be like "ohh yeah, sight is faster than the speed of sound, but slower than the speed of light" because there is no speed.

i dont even know where to begin to explain all of the things which you obviously dont understand...
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
that question requires much less thought, and much more euthanising TS.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.
Quote by instagata0
sight doesnt move.... you can never be like "ohh yeah, sight is faster than the speed of sound, but slower than the speed of light" because there is no speed.

i dont even know where to begin to explain all of the things which you obviously dont understand...

Well, I bet you are sorta wrong. Sight might not move but is has the capacity to receive things and amount and speed at which this reception occurs could be called "seeing speed." When you use an old single reflex lens camera you have to adjust the apeture to allow light in at various speeds. The same with the eye as it adapts to the environment, like when your pupils widen or close up, to allow the needed amount of light to enter the eye and let you see things.
what kind of stupid ****ing argument is that? your family is retarded

light

edit: that argument doesn't even make sense, your sight is based off of the light that your eye "picks up".
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by woMANintheBOX19
^Ok?

Uhh...light.
How the hell would sight be quicker than light?

is that christian bale as your sig?
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.
Heres the facts.

Your eyes have a nerve that goes from the retina to the brain.

Now...the fastest neurons in your entire body send signals that travel at a rate about 200 meter/second, while others go as slow as 10 centimeter/second.

Light travels at some 300,000,000 meters per second.

So...yeah...light kinda wins this one.
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
Quote by Jake™
What? Nothing travels faster than light (and don't start with that "in theory..." bull****).

You can walk faster than light if you slow it down enough.
So if sight were to theoretically be faster than light...
No scratch that, lets say that sight was close to as fast as light...

Then time would begin to slow down... and then time would approach space... and become the true 4th dimension... and then sight would stop becoming slower than light... and rather become larger than light.. which would cause the electrons to leave their valence field... causing Čerenkov radiation... or a visual "sonic boom"... Holy ****ake mushrooms.

EUREKA, IVE FOUND IT!

THE CAKE IS NOT A LIE!
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
Page 1 of 3