Page 1 of 2
So guys i was wondering, what was the first song you learned to play all the way through on your main instrument? As in the instrument you play the most.

like ive been playing guitar for 4 months and the first song i learned was "Boom" by P.O.D.
Last edited by senselessfire at Feb 15, 2009,
played guitar for about 3 years first song officially learned was trogdor by strongbad hehehe
Quote by geeve420
only one solution..........rape, but not from you cause that's just wrong. Go into town and hire someone.
i've been playing guitar for 6 years, and the first song i learned was seven nation army by the white stripes.

no.
take me out - franz sumthn sumthn dat used to be one of my fav. songs ever but it just got boring and old. now i pretty much only play metallica and other 80s metal and hair metal
I been playin for like a yearish.
first song i lerned all the way through was Mistress by Disturbed.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Quote by entity0009
Animal Cracker

I'm pretty sure it's a type of noodle.
Pretty much
For WHom the Bell Tolls
is the first song i completely learned
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
ive been playing guitar for three years and the first song i learned was sweet home alabama
Quote by bnich
played guitar for about 3 years first song officially learned was trogdor by strongbad hehehe

HAHAHAH!! sweet song :p
either way its bad - i dont know animals
Been playing for about 2 years and the first song I learned all the way through was Faint by Linkin Park.
offically? brain stew cause my brother "made" me ha.. but i figured out the notes for smoke on the water. doesnt every guitaist have to learn that song at some point in their life? haha
either way its bad - i dont know animals
I've been playing around 3 to 4 years, the first song i learned was 94 hours by as i lay dying
Quote by chickrawker
offically? brain stew cause my brother "made" me ha.. but i figured out the notes for smoke on the water. doesnt every guitaist have to learn that song at some point in their life? haha

IMO you are not a guitarist if you have not at least ATTEMPTED playing these songs:

Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple

Little Wing - Hendrix

Whole Lot of Love - Led Zepplin

... but thats just me
Playing for 5 years. Learned "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison. Still haven't forgotten how to play it to this day.
I've been playing for 14 months and the first song I learned was Hate Me by Blue October. Nice song to learn some basic chord progression and a cool strumming pattern...
I have been playing the electric guitar since april of last year. The first song i learned was Fat Lip by Sum 41
-Harry Rosenmayer
--The Prisoners Of War
Quote by chickrawker

Haha that Reminds me of the time I Thought i made an awesome Nu-Metal Song (Don't Hate) But it turned out to be the opening of "Given Up" by Linkin Park my sister told me when I showed it to her...
The Star Wars theme back when I just started. Now I only remember the beginning part of it.

*Goes and looks for the sheet music*
Skip the username, call me Billy
Creep - Radiohead Bar Chords what wicked hand cramp that was.
Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin - all the way through. I wasn't going to be one of those people that could only play the start.
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
The Doors - LA Woman

Those were all right at the start. Can't actually remember which one I popped my cherry on, but one of those four.
Si
Last edited by 20Tigers at Feb 16, 2009,
Ive been playing for a year and half and the first song i learnt was Iron Man by Black Sabbath :P

What a cool song
I think the first thing I ever played was the tormentor riff by slayer, cause all of my friends were trying to learn in when we first started playing. First song I learned was Iron man and I think purple haze after that.
"Wipe Out" by the Surfaris

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Cliffs of Dover - Eric Johnson
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Under the Bridge or Wonderwall. I forget which.
404: Sig not found.
If I recall correctly, I think that the first proper song I learnt to play was Krptonite by 3 Doors Down. I attempted to figure it out myself, and wow! I remember that I actually put an amazing amount of effort into it, constantly replaying specific parts of the song so that I could tab it out 100% accurately. Aah, those were the days. Now I just feel like "Pah! Whatever!" and play songs however I want. I don't know if that's a good thing (since it's more relaxed and possibly fun, and also my style and less time-wasting) or not (hmm...it's nowhere near the same as the original, and I wonder if it's an important skill to be able to replicate something exactly).
Ive been playing for 5 years and the first song I learnt I think was Holiday by Green Day. Not quite sure as it was in the 3rd grade lol and I dont think I actually learnt an actuall full song untill the 4th or 5th grade
Check my profile...
Since you asked what the first song I learned all the way through: It was "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".

No for real though, it was "Fade To Black." I caught/found/heard the chords by accident while in N. Carolina during Christmas '88 and to this day, I stil play it. Its my all time favorite song.
Quote by 1201ZJ
Bull****.

That was most definatly bull****. I think the first song I ever learned all the way through was Hideaway.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by zephyrclaw
If I recall correctly, I think that the first proper song I learnt to play was Krptonite by 3 Doors Down. I attempted to figure it out myself, and wow! I remember that I actually put an amazing amount of effort into it, constantly replaying specific parts of the song so that I could tab it out 100% accurately. Aah, those were the days. Now I just feel like "Pah! Whatever!" and play songs however I want. I don't know if that's a good thing (since it's more relaxed and possibly fun, and also my style and less time-wasting) or not (hmm...it's nowhere near the same as the original, and I wonder if it's an important skill to be able to replicate something exactly).

That reminds me of how I'm learning to play "No Woman No Cry" by Bob Marley, I'm taking shortcuts but still adding in my own things to it while staying true to the overall tone of the song. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think thats basically what a cover is.
Current Gear:

Epiphone Special II
Squier Champ 15W
Digitech RP90
2 Crappy No-Name Acoustics
Quote by senselessfire
That reminds me of how I'm learning to play "No Woman No Cry" by Bob Marley, I'm taking shortcuts but still adding in my own things to it while staying true to the overall tone of the song. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think thats basically what a cover is.

Aah, good luck with that! Of course, if you're making a cover of a song, then it's great to add your own touches to it. The thing I wonder about, though, is whether it's beneficial to learn, say, guitar solos and emulate them exactly or just stuff it and play them however you want. Replicating them exactly takes much more effort and determination in a sense, does it not? However, I wonder if it's worth the time and everything to try doing that. Maybe it's more beneficial to just improvise songs however you want! Gah, this complex thought process is making my brain tired and my mind sleepy. YAWN.
Excluding some chordville songs, i think Knights of Cydonia was the first full proper song
Guitar, been playing for 14 months or so.

First song was Raining Blood by Slayer.

Most help came from the fact I played Bass before I started Guitar.
Page 1 of 2