A remake of a song written/recorded before. Rock Fusion with extra progressive and briefly neoclassical vibe. I added a whole lot of new material, a lot of it spontaneously composed, hence this piece really goes all over the place with ideas, but I hope its continuity is regarded as progressive rather than jerky. Again, I had to make at least one part of it sound epic. I tend to do that, apologies.

I used RiffWorks again, so 4 track maximum per riff means that my recording ability is less than maximum. It makes me try harder anyway

Song is in the profile, Enjoy!

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Hot+Pants/
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
This sir, is awesome.

You rock. Great melodies, skill, ideas, progression. You definitely know how to work with the guitar/drum instrumentation.
I remember this from however many months ago you originally posted this. I sang along with the main melody in my head from memory.

This is a good thing.

Nice chops too.

I don't have anything for you to crit, and what I just listened to would put anything else to shame anyway.

Good day sir.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Damn, this is a great listen. That intro is freaking sweet. Flawless technique. The solos actually sound very musical, not just scale running. You could make the transition to the clean chords part a little smoother though.

I was waiting to see what you would do after the build up around 1:55 and that riff that kicked in at 2:00 did not dissapoint. Great melodic soloing here, you sir, know how to play the neoclassical stuff. I like how you give it a more hard rock vibe after the 3 min mark. You cover a lot of different styles in this song, but it is mostly shred. I wouldn't mind hearing you slow down the pace a little bit and dig into some bends or do some trippy delays.

This really reminds me of Satch, surfing with the alien type stuff. What was your main inspiration behind this song?
Quote by guildplyr369
This really reminds me of Satch, surfing with the alien type stuff. What was your main inspiration behind this song?

I didn't have any particular influence that I was trying to reproduce, but I do remember thinking of Satch when I first wrote the main melody Style of composition... I would say Petrucci is in there a lot, but I do try to do something new whenever I write.

Oh, by the way, the transitions you can blame on Riffworks. You have to record in blocks and put them together, continuity can be difficult to maintain
"I feel sorry for James Blunt, he has to wake up every morning and think 'Ah man, I'm James Blunt'"
This is very very good. I can't really fault it! Although I do agree with guildplyr369, it would be awesome to hear you take it down into a kinda ambient mood - but that I suppose is personal preference. Maybe throw in some more harmonies here and there, I noticed one or two - and wished you would have kept it going for more of the song. But I'm just trying really hard to find things to talk about here. It's awesome! Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1066289

(Also, nice to see another f-50 player!)
Gahh.... its so good. I'm subscribing/rating! And I can't fault it on anything. Just excellent.
My Gear:
Paul Reed Smith SE Paul Allender
Laney GH100L Head
Behringer Cab
Damage Control Demonizer Distortion/Preamp